Chapter 20 - sometimes quiet is violent

Y/n made quick work to rush to her room to change from her dress the night before. Rushing inside, she changed into a more suitable outfit for the day.

Since the Agents had a big day yesterday, Midas granted them a day to do whatever they pleased, so Y/n was most certainly going to spend that napping and relaxing.

On her way down to get food, she ran into Maya and Tina. Tina immediately got up and smirked, leaning against her as she walked to the fridge to get food.

"So... she finally emerges." she giggled. Y/n looked over and raised a brow, "What do you mean?"

"You and Midas disappeared since last night," Tina commented, moving away and crossing her arms as Y/n made herself a sandwich.

"So? That doesn't mean anything," Y/n responded calmly, trying to make sure what happened last night stayed between her and Midas.

"Wellllll~" Tina grinned, stepping in front of her, beginning to speak when Maya spoke up instead. "You both were drunk. You disappeared randomly out of no where. Nobody saw you two until today, and we a still haven't seen Midas either. Plus, some Henchmen saw you walking out of Midas' room wearing last night's dress... and, the hickeys are obvious. Damn, you thought you could keep this under wraps, huh?"

Y/n froze, her cheeks flushed red as both her and Tina looked over at Maya who was leaning back at the table. Y/n stumbled for words and immediately tried to cover her neck, but Tina was too quick.

She squealed and laughed loudly, "Y'ALL FUCKED!"

"SHUT UP!" she quickly clasped her hands over Tina's mouth as she repeatedly screamed "I KNEW IT!" against her hand.

"If you were trying to hide it, you really had to be more secretive. You're not good at lying. Nothing stays a secret here for long," Maya commented, crossing her legs.

"Okay, okay... so maybe we did have sex last night," Y/n sighed, sitting down. "But that doesn't mean anything."

"Of course it does! You guys finally fucked, I've been waiting for this conversation since I started shipping you two!" Tina laughed. "C'mon, spill the deets!"

"He's your boss, I'm not gonna-"

"That didn't stop you from getting pile drived into the mattress, though..." Maya smirked. Y/n groaned in frustration and from being so flustered, hiding her face with her hands, "NO! It wasn't like that!"

"So he's gentle?" Tina pushed. "No! He's not gentle either, we just- oh my God, I give up," Y/n shook her head. Maya pat her back gently, "We're messing with you, girl. Quite frankly, the last thing I want to imagine is Midas in bed with someone, let alone that someone being my friend," she chuckled.

Y/n nodded, still too flustered to meet their gazes, "Yeah... so, we done talking about my sex life now?"

"Nope. Still a few questions left," Tina replied. "Starting with, are you guys together now? Like, is he your boyfriend~?"

"He doesn't want me to answer that. He's afraid that if it gets out we're together, it could put me in danger," Y/n replied. "You just confirmed you two are in a relationship, though?" Tina smirked.

"Oh my fucking- okay, yes, we are in a relationship, and yes we've had sex more than once, and that is the final thing I'm saying!" Y/n responded.

"More than once already? Damn, he's hornier than I thought he was," Tina giggled. "That's my boyfriend, Tina," Y/n cringed.

"Okay. Well, I think we all have our fair share of crazy stories from the night before. How about we go out for some lunch? Just us three. Skye already shoo'd us away to game with Ollie and Mew Mew, anyway," Maya suggested.

"But I just made myself a sandwich..." Y/n frowned. Maya rolled her eyes, "Just feed it to Meowscles. He'll eat literally anything."

"If you say so," Y/n stood up to put away her sandwich in the fridge, "then okay. Let's go have a girls day out!"

"YAY!" Tina grinned and shot up, hugging both of them tightly, "I love my girls! Let's get this day started!"

As Tina and Maya got ready to go out of the house, Y/n paced around in her room as she waited for the girls to be done.

Everything from the past months have started to catch up on her. First, she joined Ghost as an undercover agent for Shadow, and never officially told Ghost that. Then she betrayed Shadow and joined Ghost. Then she had sex with her boss, and is now in a relationship with him, who owns a potentially dangerous device that could possibly wipe out the entire fucking island.

What the hell did her life turn into? And how the hell was she supposed to explain all of this to Midas?

Before she knew it, there was a loud banging on her door that tore her from her thoughts. She quickly opened the door and smiled at her two friends, shutting the door.

It sucks how I can tell them everything, except the most important thing.

The girls took a motorboat all the way to Sweaty Sands, where they spent the day walking the board walk, laughing and enjoying each other's presence.

The three had just gotten ice cream - and Y/n felt happier and more at peace than she had in a long time. There was no fear of Shadow, and she felt happy and loved by them and now, her boyfriend, as well.

Y/n giggled and pointed to a photo booth across the boardwalk, "Hey, let's go get our pictures taken!" she suggested. Tina immediately sprinted for it, causing Maya and Y/n to laugh and follow her.

The three of them felt like little girls - playing around without a care in the world. The trio crammed into the booth, and took 3 photos in a photo strip. Each girl got a copy, and Y/n felt an even bigger smile form on her lips. Those were her best friends - and they all looked so happy.

"These are so cute!" Maya commented, putting the strip of photos in her pocket. "I know! Hey, guys? I'll be right back, I need to head to the bathroom real quick then we can head back to shopping," Y/n replied.

Tina nodded, "Be safe!"

"Always!" she called back and walked off, looking for the bathroom. As she wandered by herself, she felt as if someone was watching her.

Thinking it was just her anxieties getting the better of her, she chose to ignore it. But the fear grew bigger and bigger with each step, it felt like it was pulling her back which in response caused her to run faster.

Soon, she was sprinting, and she realized that someone actually was chasing her. Her heart sped up and she sprinted into an ally way, thinking she evaded the person. Letting out a sigh of relief, she began to walk away when someone grabbed her, pulling her back.

She screamed loudly and tried to elbow the person in the gut, but a towel covered Y/n's face as she gasped in shock.

Y/n tried to scream - but she couldn't. She couldn't move, she couldn't squirm away, she could only watch the unidentifiable face of her kidnapper as she slowly fell out of consciousness.