Expectations

Mrs Donald sat upright.

"Just shut it and go back to where you came from". She was visibly bored as she recoated her nails in her new beige nail polish.

"Don't yell at me, I just got back, I simply asked for dinner".

"Dinner kill you there, do I look like the maids?, Why don't you ask one of them for food and stop whining." She replied not looking up from her task.

He facepalmed and heaved a sigh loosening his tie "Lara, I had a long day and I'm really not in the mood for your insults".

Lara scoffed and hummed a song that had just popped into her head in a bid to piss him off but got a different response as he chuckled without humor.

"I'm becoming insane being stuck with you, with your incessant naggings, it's no surprise you lack proper and basic home trainings, you are a spoilt brat that needs proper grooming".
Her nail polish bottle fell from her grip and she looked up to stare at him.

Chris 1 , Lara 0.

"Rea.....lly". She said.

He had called her to her face, a spoilt brat. She knew she was but being called one from someone apart from her best friend was really heart shattering. She could feel tears stinging behind her eyes but she wouldn't let him see her cry. She stood from the mess, walked past two nosy maids who were setting platters on the dining table and stomped to her room.

                 °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

      Chris  heaved a sigh and plopped down on the couch, he rubbed his temples . He had let his temper run over him, he shouldn't have said that; no spoilt brat loves to be called one and it wasn't her fault she was spoilt.

He heaved a sigh again, this wasn't the life he envisioned. He didn't plan to marry his dad's best friend's daughter, he didn't plan to pretend his marriage was the best in public gatherings and he definitely didn't plan being a celebrity which was a benefit of getting married to a celebrity.

Apart from the family meetings, he met Lara on one of his music concerts, she had been there with her friend and they both looked carefree and relaxed. He knew Lara was a very beautiful lady who was a world celebrated fashion designer. She designed wears for celebrities, she wore her designs which he had secretly admitted was pretty.

"Oga, food is ready". A maid said batting her eyelashes at him.
He gave her a scowl and dismissed her with a flick of his wrist, She bowed in disappointment and walked out. He disliked the maids and in due time he was going to dismiss them.

Share and invite your friends and family.
I love you 😘