Chapter Five - Guilt-Ridden

T I M

I never thought it was possible to find such fascinating treasure before. The wondrous feeling that came over me while taking in the sheer size of the airship left me speechless.

"It's huge," I pointed out.

"Stop wasting time staring at it, Tim. We finally found a way to get out of this shit hole. Now, let's leave," Will said as he tried to pull me along to the door across the way.

"W-wait, don't you want to see what's inside?"

"As much as I want to stay and rummage through this dingy mess of a place, I believe it's time for us to get the hell out."

"Come on...please, Will?"

"I said no. Don't make me drag you by the scruff; I'm already very tempted to beat the shit out of you once we get out."

I rolled my eyes and tried to make my way closer to the steps of the big hunk of metal. Somehow, I felt it calling for me.

"I'm almost there..." I muttered.

I was about to place one foot on the step when I felt myself being pulled back aggressively by large hands. Will was forcefully dragging me with him as he argued over how stubborn and insensitive I was.

Me? Insensitive? Who was the one who tormented me for years ever since I was a kid, with no regard to my own feelings? And now he's going to act like I was the problem?

"Let go, you big idiot!" I cried.

"I told you once, Kid, I've been in here long enough. Your so-called little adventure is now coming to an end, and we're both heading back home before anyone finds out," Will scolded.

"Ugh!...why can't you just be nice for once? This is why no one will ever love you. Even a girl wouldn't want to deal with someone as heartless and cold as you!" I yelled.

"You're right..." Will muttered.

The hands that gripped me disappeared as Will let me go to stand. He now placed one hand on the door in front of him while looking down at his other.

"No one will ever love someone like me...I'm just a failure in my father's eyes...and you wouldn't understand the pain that comes along with it...do whatever you want, I'm leaving," he continued.

"W-wait...I didn't mean what I s—," I pleaded as I reached out for Will.

"Then what did you mean?" he asked, turning slightly sideways to look back at me.

I stood there, not knowing what to say, when Will turned back around to push open the door and made his way out.

"W-Will, please, wait!"

I followed Will from behind and tried to catch up to him when the door behind me closed with a loud bang. I turned around to try and open it, but it was locked shut. Without thinking any further about the abandoned airship that Will and I had both just discovered, I quickly turned around to catch up to Will, realizing I was finally back out in the open air above the sewers.

The location of the door was in a isolated area of the city where no one ever really had a reason to go. I realized I was now standing in the middle of a metal junk yard.

Why would anyone have a secret underground place like this, and to top it all off, place the entrance in the middle of a junk yard?

I wasn't sure how long I had been standing in the junk yard when I finally realized that the familiar deep voice of a man was no where to be heard.