Chapter 16

Eve... no Violet stared at Y/N unblinking. Y/N herself calmly set her bag down and went to the stove in her kitchen.

"Want any tea? I'm making some for myself". She said conversationally.

Violet just stared at her now in almost disbelief.

"How did you know I was going to come back?"

Y/N laughed filling her kettle. As she warmed the water, she didn't look at her former friend, merely replied with ,"After everything that's happened... I knew even you would escape Hell to come get me".

There was a bang as Violet stood up suddenly.

"You always were a pain. I could never tell if you were smart or just incredibly stupid".

Y/N slowly turned to her and held something in her hand.

It was a lock of Violets hair.

"I kept this for two years. To remind myself that a bitch would probably come back. You're right, you never could tell, especially with how scared I was then". She tutted and grabbing a lighter from a nearby drawer, she lit the hair up, watching as Violet stared at her enraged.

"This isn't over. You have no idea what I have planned". Came the snarl before Eves body collapsed on the ground.

Blowing out the flame Y/N threw whatever remained of the hair down the drain.

"To the trash.. where it belongs". She muttered as she walked over to help up an awakened and severely confused Eve.

"Where am I? H-How did I get here?" Eve stuttered looking pale as a sheet and shaking.

Y/N gently helped her into a seat.

"Try to calm down. Want something to drink?"

Eve nodded rocking back and forth in the chair.

"S-She spoke to me . I thought it was a dream. Some messed up dream.."

Y/N sighed as she turned on the disposal.

"After two years, I've learned nothing is a messed up dream. Just a nasty reality"

At the same time, Y/N and Eve were together, Kira was with Edric.

They were both sitting in his room, as Kira hung his head down.

"You can't just beat yourself up over this. Also why did you stab Ezra? Why didn't you just shoot him?" Edric said glancing at the bloody knife.

"I lost control". Came the low voice.

Edric sighed, running his hand through his dyed hair, wondering what to do with his friend.

"You've been losing control ever since you got out man. By this point both Violet and Anton are going to screw you over completely. You wanna go back into the nut house?"

Kira didn't say anything. He just stared at his floor.

Kira's phone rang and Edric grabbed it.

"Talk about luck.. it's your brother".

And at the other side of the city, lay a boy in a hospital bed, his eyes open but his focus was gone.

Not completely there but still feeling everything.

The one thing he felt right now was Freedom.

Perhaps, he had already escaped into his own darkness, long before this incident.

The nurses changing his IV noticed a bizarre smile on his face. Shuddering, she turned away, as Ezra stared into his own abyss.