6

Title: To think you're any different from an animal

A day had passed and Caeli was still unconscious. The only difference was that she was no longer in her hut but at the circus. The Ring Master had sent one of his men to check up on her but when they saw her passed out, they carried her back to him. 

Abidon was unable to check up on her since there were many performances he had to be a part of, so she was left all alone in the pitch black tent. 

After an hour or two had passed by, her eyes fluttered open. She looked around but saw nothing. From the surrounding atmosphere, she could tell she was back at the circus. Well that and the loud cheers coming from the audience. 

Her hand immediately went to her head as it was throbbing with pain. Groaning, she slowly lifted her body up from what seemed to be a table. 

Slowly, she placed a leg down onto the ground before putting down the other. Carefully standing up, she tried to move around but she was a little bit dizzy. Not wanting to accidentally hurt herself, she sat back down on the table. 

It was not long before heavy footsteps quickly approached her. Suddenly, the lights came on causing her to blink for a few seconds. When her vision was back to normal, she saw Abidon standing in front of her with a disappointed look on his face.

Now that he stood so close to her, she took the time to look at his face properly. He appeared to be wearing white face paint along with makeup. That did not hide his sharp jawline and pointy nose which suited his top hat. 

"And to think you're any different from an animal," Abidon said in a low voice. His black eyes seemed to be staring through her body and directly at her soul. Such a thought made her shiver a little bit. 

"And what do you mean by that?" Caeli asked with a harsh tone. Powers or not, she was not going to allow someone to openly disrespect her.

"For someone from your bloodline, you sure are fragile." He walked around the table observing her. "Even your aura took a hit from that which makes me wonder what would happen if you experienced the full impact?"

Caeli was now curious. "Full impact of what?" She asked. This had confirmed her suspicion that he was the one who made these thoughts pop into her head. 

"Oh darling," he sighed. "You are getting ahead of yourself. We haven't even introduced you to the members yet, so let's keep questions at a minimum."

Caeli rolled her eyes at his response. It should have been obvious that he would dodge her question. From the beginning, this man was beyond secretive in the way he gave her information.

"I will," she started as Abidon smiled. "But only if you answer just one question of mine." 

He seemed interested by her propostion. "Alright then. Let me hear this question of yours which you desperately seek an answer for," he dramatically responded while swaying his hands. This man was truly a Ring Master at heart.

Caeli stared directly into his eyes before asking, "how do you know my family?" 

Even though she knew nothing about him, he somehow seemed to know everything about her. Maybe by getting to know how he knew about, she would then get to uncover something about him as well. 

Abidon seemed to be thinking whether he should tell her or not, but then caved in. 

"Well a family such as the Tourmaline's would obviously be known by me, especially since I've done business with them," he smirked. "You see, I wouldn't go as far to say that I was friends with your aunt but let's just say we were business partners," he winked. 

Caeli tried to remember if her aunt had ever mentioned him, but she could not recall such. Maybe he was lying but he had nothing to gain from a lie like that. Whether her aunt and him were business partners or not was not going to make her immediately trust him. 

"Don't bother trying to remember if she mentioned me. We were the kind of partners who don't kiss and tell," he smirked. 

Something about this man seemed devilish but Caeli did not mind. Perhaps he was starting to grow on her or they were birds of the same flock. 

Hey Guys! Hope you all are enjoying the story so far. Feel free to give me any feedback or corrections. Stay safe and see you guys next chapter. Byee... :)