𝐂𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥- 𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐚 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞

*Y/N's POV*

*Y/N's POV*

"So how have things been with you and Ariana lately? I've noticed you've been putting in long hours the last few weeks" my partner of three years Tom asked. I sighed loudly "not good at all, she's been spending less time at home, communication with her is sparse and when she is home it's like any little thing sets her off I don't understand why. I figured if she's hardly home what's the use in coming home to a big ass empty house when I could focus more on this case. We need to find these girls, their families deserve their questions answered" I replied.

I'm a first-year detective with the LAPD I wanted to get into law enforcement after losing my sister to a drive-by shooting. I wanted to make my city a safer place to live and to raise kids. And way too often in this day and age, you see police abuse their power just because they have a badge. I wanted to hold those people accountable for their actions as well. I joined the force straight out of high school and was a patrol officer for the last few years. A position opened up as a detective and I took the opportunity to apply. I became the youngest detective at the age of twenty-three.

Ariana is my high school sweetheart and the absolute love of my life. Many doubted our relationship once she decided to go into the music industry but we proved them wrong. I popped the question last year during the final show of her tour. She immediately said yes and I swear that was the greatest day of my life. But we've recently hit a bump in the road with our relationship and my mind is constantly in a million places and it's honestly taking its toll on me. I've done everything I could think of to have Ariana open up with me with what's going on but I'm always met with silence.

The case I'm working on isn't helping the situation I'm in at all I'm working a missing person's case involving a group of four friends who went missing during a night out celebrating another friend of theirs birthday. This is the biggest case I've worked on since becoming a detective and I'm doing everything in my power to find these women or at the very least to give their family some type of closure.

Tom and I were driving around the area the group of friends was last seen "so what are you gonna do about the Ariana situation?" Tom asked. "I don't know what else I can do right now you know me I hate fighting with her. We're supposed to be planning our wedding right now but she hasn't been around to even talk about it." I replied, "I'm not trying to piss you off with this next question but I have to you don't think she's cheating do you?" The question alone made me sick to my stomach, I couldn't fathom Ariana cheating on me. "I-I don't know man, everything in me says she would never do that to me. But we've been together for so long we're all each other knows. I don't think she could ever be with someone else but I can't give you a definite solid answer to that."

Throughout the day Tom's question rang in my head and it was bothering me so much. I decided to go home and I was hoping Ariana would be there too so we could hash out whatever was going on and move forward with our plans.