Chapter 37 - Costumes

"There's something wrong..." you look up from your cereal and up at the team. "Something is meant to happen..."

"Something? As in something from our movies?"

"No, god no, this universe is way off course, no something... a holiday?"

"MORNING GHOULS AND GALS!"

"Oh, here we go..." Cap grumbles, leaning further into his newspaper.

"Please for the love of god, someone super glue his lips shut," you grin and take out super glue.

"I knew this would come in handy," quickly Tony takes it off you and throws it in the bin. "Hey!"

"Back to what I was saying... HAPPY HALLOWEEN!"

"Wait... it's Halloween?! Ok whatever Tony is planning I'm already on board," you jump to Tony's side and hug his arm.

"Really? I was going to make you girls dress up as devils and dance for us," you make a vomiting sound and push Stark away. "I'm kidding, though... I'll probably get pepper to-"

"Tony, you're gross,"

"You act as if you don't have dirty thoughts,"

"Yes but I keep them to myself," you take another spoon full of cereal.

"Back to what I was saying... we are going trick or treating!" You quietly fist pump the air in victory.

"I dibs vampire!" You quickly call.

"Come on!" Pietro shouts from his stack of pancakes. "Fine, I dibs Zombie!" Soon all the avengers were claiming costume ideas.

Bruce was to be a mad scientist

Tony would be himself... obviously

Cap and Bucky wanted to wear their WWII formal uniform

Clint reluctantly chose to be Legolas

Peter would just be Spider-Man

Wanda wanted to be a cliche Witch

Nat said she'd just be a cat

Vision didn't know what to choose so you said you'll get him a costume... what was this costume? You were planning to print out an android logo and stick it on his cape.

"We have a slight problem... and I speak for my brother and I, what is Halloween?"

"Álfblót, pretty much the same thing," you speak up. "I think your armour would do just fine,"

"Alf-what?"

"Tony, you have two Norse gods living with you, you have an AI that knows literally everything yet you don't bother to learn Norse tradition?" You place your bowl in the sink and shake your head. "Shame on you, Stark,"

"Sorry I'm not obsessed with it,"

"Fascination not obsession, tin can," Tony rolls his eyes and pulls out his card.

"Whatever, everyone just get in the car, gods and soldiers, tag along if you want," It took two cars to get everyone to the Halloween store. Upon entering customers stop dead in their tracks and marveled (ha ha puns) at the team. Soon the manager rushes out to greet you all with a bright smile.

"Hello! Welcome, how may I help you?"

"We're just looking for costumes," Tony says casually as he takes off his glasses.

"Yes of course, please," the man welcomes you all further into the store. Soon everyone set off to find needed parts. As you walked down the female aisle with the girls you got sick and tired of the same thing popping up.

"If I see one more sexy nun costume I'm going to commit arson," you grumble.

"It's not that bad," you hold up the costume and Nat grimaces. "Nevermind it is that bad,"

"See?" You put it back and look around some more. Hung up by other costumes you spot a red dress draped in black lace. "Guess I found my costume!" You rush over and take it off the hanger. It was a red above knee dress with spider lace over it, the lace reached the ground and there was extra around the arms to make a bat wing of sorts. There was a decent sized collar and a black corset with it.

"I found my costume too," Wanda holds out a green and black dress that reached her feet. It had crossover decorative strings and flowy sleeves with a matching hat.

"What about you, Nat?" She shrugs and holds up cat ears and a tail attached to a belt.

"I'll wear my suit with this stuff, why don't you guys try your things on?" Soon you were changed into your costume, striking a pose Nat grins from ear to ear. Wanda comes out soon wearing her things, gawking at how good you guys looked you soon changed out after making sure it fit perfectly. Holding the costumes in hand you girls walk out of the changing room and see the boys messing around.

"We leave them for like five minutes and this happens?"

"Not the worst," Pietro was zooming around the store and scaring each avenger. Thor was putting on a fairy crown out of curiosity as Loki snickered. Bucky and Cap were keeping Tony and Clint from breaking things open. Bruce, Peter and Vision however were looking around the store like normal people. "Boys! Everyone got their things?" The men look up and nod, dropping anything that they didn't need.

~~~

Looking at yourself in the mirror you admire the work that Nat did on you. You had Smokey dark red eye shadow and dark red and black ombré lips. Finishing curling your hair you set down the curler and smile at yourself. (Change any of this if you want).

"I look amazing!" The girls nod in agreement as they fixed their own hair and costume. The sun was going down so it was the perfect time to trick or treat, Tony forgot to add that there was going to be a party at night so that explained the decorations around the tower. "Shall we go?"

"Hell yes," you all pick up your bags and head out the door. The guys were waiting in the living room when you entered.

"The party has arrived!" The boys all turn around, mouth's agape. "Yes, revel in all my glory," Tony was the first to scoff.

"Glory my ass," he grumbles. Everyone walks to the elevator, Loki holding you back for a second.

"You look gorgeous," giving a deep blush you grin up at him.

"Thanks, Loki, you look pretty good in your armour," linking arms you wait for the next elevator to take the rest down.

~~~

Halloween is by far the best holiday! If you don't think so let me know what your favourite holiday is! (Yes I know Halloween is months away but stfu)

- Anna as a mouse... duh ❤️