Chapter 8: Let's Get Kicking!

Start from the beginning

Shinazugawa looked away from you while crossing his arms, irritated by you. "No, I'm here for you actually. I'm supposed to tell you about the Pillar Meeting a few days ago but I forgot." His lie was obvious but you went along with it, assuming he had a good reason to.

You ushered him to walk with you which he strangely obliged, explaining the Pillar Meeting and Kagaya's plan on defeating Muzan. "Since you're an official Pillar now, you're gonna be sent off to special missions as well." He finished after you both arrived at the medical ward once again. Unfortunately, Aoi was nowhere in sight. Sighing in defeat, you walked towards your bed and settled there.

"Looks like she went out for errands and the small trio are still busy with laundry." You groaned, watching at the Kamaboko squad who were currently napping. "Tch, why do you need their help anyway?" Shinazugawa stood beside your bed, arms still crossed. You showed him your bandages. Before you could explain, he took the medical kit under the table and sat at the end of your bed.

He quickly opened the kit, pulling out various things before he grabbed one of your arms. He carefully unwrapped it and placed your dirty bandages on the table before wrapping it again with fresh new bandages. You hummed, smiling at Shinazugawa. He avoided your gaze, proceeding to change the bandages on your other arm. Once he was done, he huffed in satisfaction.

"Woah.. thanks so much Shinazugawa!" You gripped his hands, a big smile plastered across your face. The said male, turned his head away in embarrassment. He stood up and dusted his clothes, heading for the door. "Don't think much of it, I was ordered to treat you like how we treat Oyakata-sama. Of course if he ever got hurt, we must treat him immediately, nothing more." And with that, he left. He tried to think nothing of it but seeing that smile on your face made him feel giddy.

"Keep yourself together, Sanemi. Don't get distracted." He tried thinking of how he would fight Muzan Kibutsuji, how he would save everyone he cared about. But for some reason, your face popped up in his thoughts. He shook his head before running off to his next mission.

=============================

You'd been asked by Shinobu a while ago if you would help her with the Kamaboko squad's functional recovery training. Since only your arms were healing, you still wouldn't be able to go out, but you were in good condition to help out the others. She explained what you had to do and you decided to have a little test run yourself.

The massages from Naho, Sumi and Kiyo were strong but it actually made your back feel better. The cup game was blast too and you admitted that Kanao indeed was very skilled but you managed to defeat her, placing the cup in her hands instead of splashing her face. To end it all, tag was probably your favourite. You had dodged everytime Kanao tried to grab you and you had managed to tag her everytime.

It was fun for you but seeing as Tanjiro and Inosuke hollered in pain, you figured Zenitsu wouldn't be any different. Everytime you three would come back, Tanjiro and Inosuke would look like zombies and immediately rest while you smiled sympathetically at Zenitus which scared him.

The next day, Zenitsu was officially starting his training. You escorted the three while he clung to your haori, trembling every step of the way. You reassured him while Aoi explained him what he had to go through.

"First over there, those girls will massage your body which is stiff from lying in nedy." She then gestured towards the table that Kanao sat at, numerous cups placed onto it. "Then the reflex training. There's a medicated bath inside those teacups, you'll all be taking part of the medicated bath. But if you can hold the teacup down from your opponent before she lifts it up, she can't move the teacup at all."