Aftermath

Diana was working hard on her investigation when she got the news, that the Potters had died, that Sirius had given them up an killed 12 muggles and Peter, she couldn't believe it when she heard it, it just couldn't be true. The good news was that apparently little Harry had survived, Voldemort had died and he was sent to live with his aunt and uncle, this didn't make sense to Diana at all, she hoped to get answers today during the funeral of the Potters.

______________________________________________________________________________

"hey Diana" called Remus

"Hello Remus" Diana said.

"I know its a sad, sad time, its hard to believe that Sirius did what he did" Remus said.

"Hard? it's impossible Remus, Sirius would have never done that and you know it" Diana said.

"maybe someone could have forced him to do it you know his family" Remus said.

"no, they couldn't, I remember when he was a kid, and he went to my family's house, my parents and uncles tortured him in all of the ways imaginable so he could do what they wanted, but he was strong, he resisted, he didn't let them win, and I don't think things would be any different now, specially when protecting people that are so important to him" Diana said.

"It just complicated, for all of us, and poor Harry why can't he go and stay with you?" Remus asked.

"I don't know, I was going to ask him today, remember the way Lily talk about her sister and her brother in law, the poor kid will suffer a lot with them specially since they have a child of their own" Diana said.

" maybe their kid could be a friend to Harry?" Remus said.

"or he could make his life even more imposible" Diana said.

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Professor wait" Diana screamed while reaching Dumbledore

"What can I help you with Miss Padmore"  Dumbledore said.

"Why did you do it?" Diana asked.

"Why did I dou what?" Dumbledore answered.

"Why did you sent Harry to live with his aunt and uncle?, I'm his godmother he could have lived with me" Diana said.

"I suppose you don't know the exact details of what happened that night do you?" Dumbledore said.

"Not really" Diana said.

"Voldemort went on the house with one mission only to kill little Harry, James was disarmed but he was in the way so voldemort killed him, Lily on the other hand was given a choice to move aside and let Harry die, but she chose to die for him, as a brilliant student in magical theory I guess you can know what happened and why as strange as it sounds, his aunt's house is the safest place for him" Dumbledore said.

"Sacrificial protection, love magic, that saved him and made the curse rebound to you know who, what killed him, i thought it was imposssible to perform nowdays, so the protection is strenghtened  and maintained by the blood of the person that commited the sacrifice" Diana said.

"Exactly Ms Padmore, now you can see why it is crucial that he lives with his aunt" Dumbledore said.

"But if Voldemort is gone, why does Harry need the protection?" Diana asked.

"Ms Padmore, I've fought this fight for a long time, longer than you may think and as strong as sacrificial protection is, the man who calls himself Lord Voldemort cannot fall so easly and Harry Potter is still his main objective" Dumbledore said.

"So you don't trust the sacrificial protection to fully defeat Voldemort but you still fully trust it to protect him from him?" Diana said.

"one thing is defeating something and another completely different thing is protecting you from it, but you're right I don't fully trust the Dursleys to take care of him, which is why order member Arabella Figg has moved to the house next to them in Surrey, now if you excuse me, I have important matter to attend to" Dumbledore said.

Diana still had more questions than answers, she never understood what was going through that man's head, she trusted him, butthere were a lot of things she didn't understand. maybe she should keep an eye on Harry herself.

_______________________________________________________________________________

"So can you tell me this crazy plan again?" Sturgis asked.

"Is not that crazy, I'm just going to use my muggle secret identity to buy a house in Surrey and ask for a job as a science teacher in the primary school  that Harry would be attending, they'll give me a job with my diplomas" Diana said thriumphantly.

" But wouldn't people suspect something?" Sturgis said.

"That is why I'm going in now, so that no one suspects and I get used to teaching so that I don't give him any special treatment" Diana said.

"I still don't think this is a good idea, what about your job in the ministry?" Sturgis asked.

"I'll have to give it up for now, this is something that I need to do, he is my godson Stu"  Diana responded.

"Fine, I wish you good luck" Sturgis said.

"Thank you" Diana said.