MELODY 12

┏ 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚊 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚍, 𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚜 𝚜𝚘 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚝 ┐

It was late at night when he decided to leave his dorm room and walk around the campus. The night sky greeted him with a cool breeze as he walked past the cafeteria, noting that there were a few people sitting under umbrella-shaded tables and chairs.

Another cool breeze hit his face causing him to smile. He shoved his hands in his blue hoodie pockets, taking in a deep breath. Studying for the midterms next week was taking a toll on him. And not to mention, his stomach squeezed as he thought about meeting MELODY tomorrow. The week flew by way too fast and in a blink of an eye, he was less than twenty-four hours away from seeing Jackson again.

Biting his bottom lip, he pulled out his phone and opened his social media application. Unable to resist it, he clicked to Jackson's personal account, scrolling through the recent pictures. He refreshed the page, eyebrows furrowing when a picture of him and a girl with bright, brown eyes appeared as his latest upload. They were both smiling into the camera, Jackson's face close to her's. She was also holding out her wrist for the world to see. Bryan recognised the bracelet on her hand.

It was the same bracelet that Jackson was adamant on not wanting it back.

Look at that. Even after all the fuss he made...

The caption of the picture said: You make me smile all the goddamn time. Even now.

Bryan frowned as he looked up from his phone, stopping in his tracks as he stared at the quiet park of his campus. He found an empty bench and moved to sit, a sigh escaping his lips. A rush of— an emotion took over his mind at the picture. Jackson had looked happy, a smile on his face that Bryan hadn't seen before. And the woman looked beautiful.

He wondered if they were together. If she was the reason why he had been drunk that night.

"Why the fuck did it have to be you that I fell for?" Jackson had slurred the words out, but they carried a certain weight that had his heart aching.

Now, the significance of the jewellery made sense. It belonged to a woman that no doubt had once held the guitarist's heart in the palm of her hands. At least, it seemed that way with how he was looking at her in the picture.

He switched his phone off and placed it next to him, trying to pinpoint at the emotion he was experiencing. It was heavy. Sad. Acidic a little as it ate away at the edges of his heart. Leaning forward, he pressed his arms on his knees and bowed his head.

"Just what am I doing?" he whispered to himself.

He lifted his head, looking straight at— the last person he thought he would see. Walking past him with his guitar case slung over his back, black hoodie on and one hand shoved in its pockets was Jackson. Bryan watched him as he typed on his phone, his strides slowing until it came to a stop.

He looked beautiful underneath the streetlights. Mysterious but alluring, enough for him to be transfixed just by his mere presence. 

And maybe that was what possessed him to do the next thing he was about to do. 

Bryan took out his phone and opened the camera application. He then aimed his camera at Jackson and took a picture. What he didn't realise was the fact that his flash was turned on and his phone wasn't silent. In the wake of his sneakiness, or failing to be that, the shutter sound with the bright light went off.