Next STEP

Daniel and Connor both looked at Evan standing there with a quirked brow. He was waiting for the answer and Daniel knows that no matter in what manner he says Evan isn't going to like it.

Thankfully, Connor stepped in to save him. "Actually, I was just telling Daniel to be safe. I mean if Roman knows about you two being in a relationship then in your absence he could hurt Daniel. He can use him as leverage to get you out or just hurt him out of revenge."

Evan frowned, a concerned look appearing on his face. He nodded "You are right, Roman is as crazy as Austin and can do anything to get what he wants. Connor is right Daniel you should also make sure to stay safe--

--but how are you going to do that? You are coming with me too?" Evan asked thinking.

Daniel shook his head "No, I can't go into hiding with you not only it would put you in danger but I have an open case in my hands. I need to complete this project or I can say goodbye to my job."

"Then what? How are you going to protect yourself?" Evan asked walking closer.

Daniel and Connor shared a look.

"What is it?" Evan's eyes narrowed at the men sneaking glances at each other.

"Uh... I have a solution but Daniel was worried that you wouldn't like it." Connor said with a small voice.

"What, why wouldn't I like it? If it is going to help him then I am all for it."

Another shared glance and it was Daniel this time spilling the bean "The solution is to have someone living with me and that someone is Chloe. She is my good friend and my client right now and if she comes over here to live then her security will be here too."

Daniel made sure to keep it short and simple especially looking at the changing features of his boyfriend. Evan stared at both the men with wide eyes and a frown that could put shame to all the frowns in the history of frowning.

"Chloe! Are you serious? Out of all the people in the world you had to choose her." Evan exclaimed in pure annoyance.

"Told you" Daniel whispered softly to Connor making sure Evan isn't looking at him.

Connor had an 'oh' face surprised to see this side of Evan, he never thought there would be someone who would actually despise Chloe that much given she is not a very likeable person in the first place.

"Evan you need to get it that she is the best choice at the moment. Both of them are friends for very long and since Daniel is working on her case that means she can accompany him to the office and help him at the project at home. Her security will follow them everywhere they go and if we explain the situation to her I am sure she would have more people of her guarding the house." Connor defended standing up and walking closer to him.

"He is right, she can help us in this case Evan," Everyone turned to Steven entering the room with another trolley bag, "And for the safety of Daniel you should keep your insecurities aside. I am sure Daniel will do nothing that compromises your relationship."

Steven gave a look to Daniel before looking back at Evan who had his mouth open again and a reddish hue covered his face.

"I...I am not insecure. Chloe has tried to break us apart before that is why I don't like the idea of both of them staying together. What if she tried to pull something again?" Evan knows that he is acting stubborn but how can he let Chloe have an opportunity that easily. He trusts Daniel to know that he will do nothing out of line but Chloe has not even a cent of his trust.

"Evan that was nearly a year ago, when we started our relationship and Chloe only did that because she thought that you are someone who practices dark magic and has possessed me." The silence that followed Daniels words made everyone there feel like a deaf. And the next thing they knew was Evan picking up his trolley and walking out the house towards Connor's car. All three men could swear they saw steam coming out of Evan after that.