Chapter 17

Question And Answer

                                                     Question And Answer

001

What are your names?
F: F.
J: Joey.

Do you have any nicknames?
F: None.
J: Five Answers, Joey the Retard, Joey the Obstinate, Joey the Beautiful…… There are too many to list! Of course, there are those who refer to me as Aunty Joey, but I often choose to intentionally ignore those who address me in this manner.

How do you usually address the other party?
F: By her name.
J: Mr. F, Comrade F, Grand Master F, and whenever I need him to do me certain favours I’d address him as Hubby.

Nickname which you wish the other party would address you by?
F: Hubby.
J: Addressing me by my name is great. Please don’t address me as Baby, Honey or Dearest – hearing those nicknames from his mouth is an extremely scary thing and gives me goosebumps.

Mobile Phone ringtone?
F: The standard one.
J: Hey Jude.

Favourite genre of music?
F: Rock.
J: Jazz.

Favourite band?
F: The Beatles.
J: The Beatles.

First impression of the other party?
F: Who is she?
J: This boy is so arrogant.

Please use an animal to describe the other party.
J: Big Grey Wolf.
F: Paramecium
J: What is that?
F: A unicellular organism with no brains.
J: The question is related to animals.
F: Fine, a Husky then.
J: Why?!
F: Guess.
J: ……

Any particular gift you wish the other party would give during Valentine’s Day?
F: I’m fine with anything. If there’s something I need, I’d simply buy it myself.
J: Please take a look at my TaoBao Shopping Cart.

Where was your first date?
F: After we ascertained our relationship, we went to eat Chong Qing hotpot on our first date. Originally, I wanted to bring her to a Western restaurant but she insisted on eating hotpot.
J: From this incident, it is pertinently evident that I don’t treat you as an outsider……

[T/N: Hotpot tends to be a rather messy affair, as both parties tend to become rather sweaty and warm by the end of the meal. Thus, people tend to avoid going for hot pots on dates in order to maintain a certain ‘image’ they desire to portray.]

The most memorable date?
F: The period when I returned to Changsha to look for her. Actually, it wasn’t really a date as we hadn’t ascertained our relationship then. During that period of time, I was in an extremely poor state. The grandmother who raised me since I was young had passed away, and I returned in order to attend her funeral. At that time, I truly felt that I was nearing my breaking point. However, during that period of time, everything was extremely smooth sailing for her. I was extremely happy for her, and I never once thought that she’d throw away all those things in order to come live with me in Beijing.
J: I’d describe something that happened recently. Last month, we went on a trip to ski. However, we only learnt that the ski resort stopped functioning upon our arrival. On the way home, we were extremely hungry, and decided to stop over at a small hotel in the wilderness. To our surprise, the food was simply fantastic! Furthermore, the scenery on the way home was extremely beautiful. Looking at the grand mountains and amazing landscapes really helped to broaden one’s mind. That was truly a very happy day, an unexpected form of happiness.