thirty two.

32

ON OUR WAY

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Rosa, wearing her black mask that covered her face completely and the rest of the WICKED guard uniform, discretely weaved through the halls of the building, looking for Teresa and the three other 'guards' that she knew to be really just Gally, Newt and Thomas. Her eyes set on their frames and joined them at their sides slowly to avoid gaining any unwanted suspicion.

Teresa pressed her thumbprint to the scanner to open the door to the stairwell, their guns all aiming around, ready to shoot.

"Hold on, hold," Gally sounded as they started to descend down the steps, he pulled his mask up and started to inspect the power boxes on the wall, gaining Rosa's attention, "I can get in here, Rosa?"

"Make sure you don't cut the red wire, that's for the alarm," she spoke clearly, though her mask muffled her voice the slightest bit, "Pass me the cutter."

Gally passed the cutter to Rosa and the walkie to Thomas who ran down the rest of the steps to make sure they were alone and it was clear. Rosa on the other hand just tried to open the box as quickly and quietly as she could, yet she could hear Newt coughing behind her due to the disease flowing through his veins.

"Frypan, we're in. How're you doing?" Thomas asked through the radio to their friend.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm gettin' there," she heard him reply, her eyebrow raising the slightest as she continued to concentrate, "Tell Minho hi from me."

"Hang in there, buddy," Thomas muttered through the speaker before killing the communications to open their connection to Brenda.

"Got it," she nudged Gally out of the way before pulling on a few cables to test their tightness as her hand gripped the right one in the box, "Alright, this is it."

Thomas nodded her way, "Brenda, what's your status?"

"Status is, I'm working on it," her voice almost cut out completely before coming back to them through the small box in his hands.

"Copy, just make sure you're ready when we're in," he replied, getting an instant reply from the girl.

"Don't worry, you know that I'm gonna be there."

Rosa pulled the wire before stripping it with her knife, the blade getting held between her lips soon after so that she could use both her hands to twist this copper of her own component that she had made on the way there, one of her own design.

"Come on," Rosa told the group, yanking Teresa to her feet after she tried to almost protest against moving.

They ran through the halls freely now that all the cameras around them started to glitch to give less secure feedback to WICKED so that their presence could go unnoticed for as long as possible. "This is the one," she turned to Thomas, the four soldiers getting into a formation as they waited behind a closed door.

As soon as the door opened to reveal a control room filled with guards, the four opened fire on them and didn't stop until they were all down, dodging the bullets that they reciprocated at them. After all the guards were down, they ran to do doors that held blocked them from seeing into the small cells that held the test subjects, the sight of the WICKED mask sending them all back in fear.

Rosa smirked and pulled it back, "Don't worry, it's just us. we are gettin' you guys out of here, come on."

The children were reluctant to follow but as soon as they gained the trust of Rosa and set eyes on the other children leaving their rooms, they followed behind Rosa who was paying no attention to anyone else and staring at the control panels, trying to understand them.