One Of Us

I looked over to the left of the dinner table at Tails who is talking amongst Cream and Charmy about some new experiment.

Then to Knuckles and Silver arguing about who is more 'badass', while Rouge and Blaze laugh at their stupidity.

Espio and Vector shake their head as they watch Amy shake Faker and bug him about some date.

For some strange reason I can feel a lot of peace here and joy; I haven't been this happy since Maria.

I recently quit for the Doctor and I have taken some time off from G.U.N, but the reason why I did it was because what happened to me.

See, it's Christmas and everyone has somebody.... but me.

No family

No friends

No lover

Faker and his gang only put up with me, because that's what herose do, but I always feel a little neglected and out casted from the group.

I sigh and look put the window.

"SHADOW! TELL SONIC THAT HIM AND I ARE SOUL MATES!"

I nearly jump out of my seat when I look at Amy and soon feel everyone's gaze on me.

"Be careful what you say-" Vector whispers in my ear.

"She's a loose cannon."

I think logically about this and come to an answer that I know that could help.

"Well, the truth is... I believe that finding your soul mate takes more than just love a first sight. I believe that if you love something you shpuld treasure it with all your heart, but clinginess is not an solution." I smile slightly.

"Amy, when the time is right, both of you will be able to admit who your soul mate is and love whom your heart has decided, but for now you just have to enjoy life."

Arms wrap around me and I find myself wrapping around her.

"Shadow that was beautiful!" Rouge is the one hugging me.

Amy is holding her hands together and she has tears in her eyes.

"Thank you. So much!"

I say your welcome and soon I'm ambushed, by the women in the room with hugs and kisses.

'This must be what Faker feels'

I chuckle and notice the look on Sonic's face; nothing positive.

With a rush on wind he is gone and I frown. Once again I screwed up and mad him upset.

"Excuse me."

I force my way out of the embrace of many women and struggle to get outside to breathe.

----

Outside the house I stand on the pouch watching the rain fall and I close my eyes and just listen to it.

"What you said-"

I move into battle mode and soon relax when I noticed Sonic standing in the middle of the rain.

I blink and nod my head slowly and cautiously; just incase he get mad.

"I feel about the same way, just I could never love her."

I stare at him as the rain pours down his body and soaking his fur; pulling me in, gasping when I feel my cheeks heat up.

"Why not? You're the hero and she's the damsel in distress-"

"I DON'T CARE! I DON'T WORK THAT WAY!"

I want to believe he is crying, but the rain isn't helping with the illusion.

"Sonic, I'm sorry."

I walk toward him and grab his shoulders and tilt his chin to look at me.

"I understand that life isn't fair and love works that way too-"

He looks into my eyes and I can feel my heart crashed. I understand that love hurts, but I feel bad.

"May I hug you?" He asks so softly I can barely hear it.

I give a sad smile and hold him close to my chest, hoping the rise and fall will calm him down.

He looks up at me and smiles.

"I knew from day one you were one of us." He leans forward toward my face.

Our noses touch. I feel myself wanting to close my eyes.I can feel his breath on my lips.

'I can't believe this is happening'