Pisan Zapra

Pisan Zapra – Malay (noun) – The time needed to eat a banana.

* * *

It starts with picking just the right one. So many to choose from. Not too green; it shouldn't be crunchy. Too brown and it's mushy and hard to swallow. It's a texture thing. It's got to be just right.

Then comes the peeling. Start at the stem and work your way down. No need to rush here. Take your time. Relish this common but extraordinary moment. Sometimes it seems like magic. When you're done with the peel just toss it in the bushes, or place it discretely in somebody's path for a hilarious display of slapstick.

Now all that is left is the fruit itself, the tender, delicious inside. Isn't that just like so many things in life? If you can figure out a way past the unsavory outer covering there are precious treasures hidden within. Isn't it funny where we can find these lessons?

The fruit is delicious yes, but also nutritious. Vitamin C. Potassium. Manganese, Vitamin B6. Enjoy it. Make it last. Give thanks to whatever you choose to thank, for supplying such earthly delights. Giving thanks is an important part of appreciation. Studies have shown that the act of giving thanks helps us truly appreciate things more. Do I even have to remind you to enjoy it?

See, that didn't take too long, and we aren't really in a hurry anyway, Maybe there is time to eat another.

Just one more.