Homebound

Amirah's POV

"Aaaaaaaaand were out"

"Aaaaaaaaand were out". I said into the mic. " Thank you guys for coming. It was a wonderful interview". I said to the upcoming group,D5, while I removed my headset. "It was our pleasure. You lit", they stated in unison. "Aaaayyee", I yelled pointing to them as they left the studio.
I began packing my bag and then I started to think of how far I came. I grew up in Atlanta with my mom and little sister and it was tough . My dad left shortly after my little sister was born and he did not look-back .

Growing up without my dad was difficult but I beat the odds and went to university where I studied Media and Mass Communications. I graduated at 22 and now I'm an intern soon to be permanent employer, working at Big Boys Neighborhood at age 23.

I'm not a big shot radio host as yet as I only interview local celebrities and YouTubers for the time being. How ever I'm getting paid and I love what I do and I know I'll get there. The pay is not much but it's not too little as I'm able to send to money home( which I don't have to because my mother has a marketing job which is doing well and her husband has his own business) and still pay bills while treating and caring for myself. "Yo! Mirah, the crew going out for drinks, you coming?", my friend Dee asked as I was just about grab the last of my items to leave. " Naa I gotta leave to go home and pack in order to catch a flight back to the A", " but turn up tho", I stated laughing. " alright, safe travel girl", she said with a smile.

Dee is only person I considered a friend since moving to LA

Dee is only person I considered a friend since moving to LA. She's the only one so far who has continuously had my back in the short time I had known her and I hope she remains the same.
I didn't have a lot of friends back home apart from my step sister Amber, as I didn't have time to make any.

My mom worked two jobs and most times I'd have to be home baby sitting my little sister while the lady next door would over see us until my mom came. That didn't leave any room for friendships.

In university I was hardly ever approached because I had a resting bitch face and the whole of freshman year just thought I was a bitch . I gained a little popularity when I dated Darryl, the University's sweetheart, but even then I was known and respected but I still didn't consider those people as friends. So when I found out my mother's boyfriend at the time, who is now her husband, had a daughter I was happy. And the good thing about it when we met, we instantly hit it off. Man, I love Amber to death.

I'm the type of person who a lot of people know but my circle is hella small cause I don't throw the term 'friend' around loosely. After Darryl and I broke up a year and half Into our relationship I was more closed off as it related to people and eventually some people just stop reaching out. I got over the hurt. It's cool tho.

My phone beeped and as I checked it, I realized it was a reminder reminding me that my flight was at 9PM. I was going home to visit my family in Atlanta. I quickly went in my jeep and sped home as it was now 7:45PM. I needed to take a shower and pack .
I finished doing everything at 8:15PM. I called an Uber and while I waited, I posted a pic of my fit on my Instagram story.

The car arrived at 8:22 PM

The car arrived at 8:22 PM. I got in after saying goodnight to the driver. I plugged my AirPods in while the car was on its way to LAX.

Bare with me yall🙈
It's my first time writing ✍️

What is something new you have tried to do since being in quarantine?