INTERACTION - 5. Accidentally

Hi! How are you all doing?

Thank you so much for 1k+ reads here, and just before the final chapter too! It really means a lot to me.

I'll have a final author's note, which is just pretty much thanks, a question about me writing Smosh x Reader stories, and a promotion for Here's To Us. I do hope I do get more insight on the question, though!

Anyway, let's get started for the last time, shall we? This is my favorite Interaction chapter ever... Ian's POV and see ya!

-/-/-

I sincerely believe holding hands is one of the most intimate gestures you can do with someone you love. I was never really the kind of guy who appreciated cuddling, snuggling, and other words that rhymed with it, but hand-holding felt special to me somehow. Not only was hand-holding a little, how do I say this, ancient, it also made people feel safe.

Whenever I held Y/N's hand, I felt like I was already holding the world. I wanted to hold the world probably at some point in my life, but when I met Y/N, I didn't know I already did. We first met through Mari's recommendation for her, because apparently she was a very good friend of hers and possibly an even better interest for me.

"No way," I tell Mari, sighing. "I've already accepted my fate as a hermit. I can live off of Cheetos and La Croix, and no one would tell me off."

"Come on, man," she says, crossing her arms. "Y/N's awesome. Even if you asked Anthony, he'd agree. I swear, just go out with her once and tell me what it'll feel like."

After too many failed dates, I wasn't really interested in dating anymore. As I had told Mari, I had already accepted whatever destiny had for me, which was a bit dull and kinda sad for a 32-year-old company head. But after too many heartbreaks, you'd just give up, right? Although I'd already accepted my fate, I asked whatever lords are up in the sky for one more sign.

From: Ian
Need your help. Mari apparently knows this girl named Y/N, and she's trying to set us up on a date. I told her I wasn't convinced, but then she said that you knew her and would say yes to dating her. Whaddya think?

From: Anthony
Are you for real? Do you have zero idea who Y/N is?

From: Anthony
She's like one of the up and coming YouTubers right now. She's running content that mainly focuses on education. Really good person if you ask me.

From: Ian
Well, I dunno, man. I've kinda given up on dating already. She sounds nice, but I don't know if nice qualifies for another heartbreak.

From: Anthony
Trust me.

It's what Anthony had told me right before we began Smosh: to trust him. Looking back at how Smosh has grown, I knew this was the sign I was waiting for. So I declared:

From: Ian
Fine. This is the last date I'll ever be on. After that, I'm done.

From: Anthony
Yeah, last date, because you'll get together in the end. Trust me.

From: Ian
If you're wrong, I'm gonna sue you, man.

I didn't sue him. He was very much correct about things, the way he was correct about Smosh. Anthony and I don't talk as much, but of course the friendship remained despite everything. I had decided to agree to Mari's setting up too, just because I was curious to see if this was the final nail in the coffin, the lady to make me say goodbye to loving forever.

So I met with her, and Y/N wasn't just gorgeous; she was so fun to be with. She didn't take things too seriously about growing old, she loved to laugh, and most of all... she made me feel like I had been missing out on someone this great my entire life.