27

~You shouldn't make a deal with the devil~
-Anonymous

NARRATOR'S POV

"Let me tell you everything from the start..." Viktor cleared his throat and adjusted his red tie.

"We were just five purpose driven young boys who started the M.E..."

Flashback...

Viktor grew up in a not very happy family. He was 16 when his Father Died, leaving him with just a house.

His Uncle, Mr Bucklov took him in till he finally turned 18 and decided he wanted to live alone, moving back to the house his father left him

He Completed his college after struggling to support himself, doing part time jobs and studying. After his graduation he could not get a job, he was broke most of the days and he hated the feeling.

One time, he got an idea of selling weapons to mafia families and disclosed his plans to his 4 close friends who agreed to be a part of the illegal Arm trade.

Viktor's uncle, Bucklov was an arm lord and viktor started purchasing weapons from him for sales to mafia families.

Years passed by and their business was booming, they became rich young dudes, partying,clubbing,drinking and being high on life. They made so much money and they were proud of the life they had built for themselves. They even got matching Tattoos with a moon symbol and 'family' imprinted in it. It was like an identity.

One day, the unexpected happened, You see, the risk of going into illegal arm trade is the unhealthy competition of rivals.

Claus, one of Viktor's friend and part of the arm business got killed with a threat note attached, demanding they quit their arm deals or what they did to Claus would happen to them all. The threat note was apparently from the Lachkiv's, another illegal arm dealing group. A major Rival to Viktor's arm group.

On getting the threat note, Nicolai pulled out, saying he won't risk his life for the business, So, he moved with his girlfriend and their new baby to the states where he also decided to study law and cope with the money he saved from the business so far, hopefully he would get a job to do too.

Viktor and the two members left started thinking of how best to deal with this but there were no good solutions.

The lachkiv already hired the only mafia in the vicinity and they were the ones the lachkiv's paid to kill Claus. The Mafia can only side with one amongst the various arm dealers in the vicinity.

If Viktor hires another Mafia Family, it might cause a Mafia war as they would be stepping into someone else's territory.

They could not hire gangs because they had no chance against a mafia family.

The situation seemed useless and Viktor became frustratingly angry, he could not let the Lachkiv's dictate their lives.

This arm trade was his life, if he stops the trade he might slowly hit back to square one and that thought infuriated him.

He refused to adhere to their threats and moved on with his trade. Vlad, one of the moon members pulled out on his idea to still keep on trading without protection, so he left the business, leaving just Leonard and Viktor.