The Clink on the Window

~Jessie's P.O.V.~

"And that's it," I heaved a sigh, finally finishing the story of how Sting and I met. Erza's, Lucy's, and Wendy's jaw had dropped open and their eyes were as wide as plates.

"Wait wait wait," Lucy rubbed her head to try and process what I had just said, "that doesn't explain why you ran off like that." I shook my head and shrugged.

"Well, that's all I'm going to tell you," I cover my eyes with my hands when I realized that my voice sounded harsher than I meant for it to be. "I really..I'm sorry but I.."

"No, we understand," Erza placed a hand on my shoulder. "We will not force you to say anything you don't want to." 

"Thanks onee-san," I mumbled that last part, a smile twitching on my lips. Erza's eyes widened, but she gave a smile and patted me on the back. I tilted my head up to see Lucy and Wendy nodding and giving me sad smiles. 

"If you ever need someone to talk to, we'll be here okay Jessie-san?" Wendy reminded me with a warm smile. I nodded and rested my back on the wall of my room.

"Alright, I guess it's been a long day for you hasn't it?" Lexi flew over to me and sat down on the top of my head. I weakly smile and give a nod. Wendy comes towards me and holds my hand.

"If you want to talk about it, we're always here for you, don't forget that okay?" she reminded me with purely innocent grin. I can't help but return the smile and nodded again. I felt like a bobblehead for having to nod so many times. 

They then all gave their goodbyes, with Erza reminded me about how she'd kicked anyone's ass if I needed that to be done, and left my room. As soon as I heard the door softly shut, I laid back down on my bed. Lexi crawled her way towards me and squirmed her way into my arm.

"Are you okay?" she asked softly. Her voice had worry etched all over it.

"I'm fine," I sighed and rubbed my eyes with my free hand.

"Well that was one heck of a birthday," she joked, trying to cheer me up.

"No kidding," I replied bluntly. A halfhearted laugh escaped from her lips and she gently escaped from my grasp. She then took the edge of the blanket on the bed and placed it over me.

"Get some sleep then, Jessie," she murmured.  "You'll need it." I was too tired to argue, so I tilt my head up and down as a response and rest my head on my fluffy pillow. I then reached for the back of my neck and unclipped my golden locket. 

"Maybe I shouldn't have worn this today.." I muttered to myself as I put it on the nightstand next to my bed. Lexi frowns, but doesn't say anything. Instead, she just snuggles right on top of my body, her furry body curling up into a ball.  My eyes soon become heavy and I snuggled into my blanket. I wonder if Sting regrets what he's done.. I thought as I slowly closed my eyes. Maybe he did, or maybe not? I wish I knew..

~❧Timeskip - 6 hours later❧~

~Lexi's P.O.V.~

"Clink. Clink."  I fidget as I heard a sound coming from the window. My eyelids drowsily flutter open, despite my yearn to go back to sleep. Seeing as there was no harm in checking, I lifted my head ever-so-slightly to take a peek at Jessie. Her eyes were still a little puffy, but she was sound asleep. I thought that it was just a bird or something, so I closed my eyes to continue my fish dream. 

"Clink. CLINK."  The sound was getting louder, and more annoying. I mumbled a small groan and opened my eyes again. I feared that the sound was going to wake up Jessie from her needed sleep, I sluggishly dragged my feet to the window. I used my wings to fly up to the windowsill, where I then opened it and surveyed the surroundings. All I saw a the dark blue sky filled with shining stars. "Psst! Lexi!" Oh. Oh.