1

w e l c o m e   t o

w e l c o m e   t o

ARTIST
taekook

❝Love cannot be created or destroyed. It's always there, just waiting for you to fall into. When a heart breaks, the broken pieces of love remain, and you can either choose to salvage it or fall for someone else. But, new love? It will never be the same.❞

In summary: Jeongguk couldn't express himself in any other way, so he chose art.

p r e s s   p l a y

✉️

Shut your mouth!

That was a quite familiar phrase to Jeongguk.

The lovely sound of the vowels mingling were constantly in the back of his mind, every day. It was awesome, really.

Being told to shut up because his opinion wasn't valid. It wasn't correct. It was politically incorrect, and so he wasn't allowed to say what he wanted to. If he did, hah, the backlash would just be wonderful.

Oh, how Jeongguk loved being argued with. It was like second nature to his father— if Jeongguk decides to pipe up with his own opinion, his father was inclined to immediately shut it down.

Tell him how stupid it was. Why it was wrong.

And though he didn't believe it at first— he thought his father was just telling him that his opinion didn't matter because he wanted to win arguments and such— Jeongguk was starting to believe it now.

Anything he said had some sort of false information. As if his opinion was wrong, like a wikipedia page that had been messed with. There was always something wrong. Maybe it was the way he spoke.

The way his voice dripped in attitude, pure hate, anger, perhaps.

He couldn't help it, in all honesty. He was so used to snapping back at his father that he'd started to wrap his words in venom whenever he got upset. It was an instinct at this point.

Jeongguk hated to admit it, but there had been definitely more than just one instance where he went and told his own best friend off on accident (if you could call it that). He still remembered the words flying out of his mouth before he could stop them, the way his dialect slipped and how the insult came across as so harsh and brutal.

Could still remember the way that Seokjin just stood in front of him, absolutely speechless. The way his jaw seemed as if it was about to fall to the floor— it was hanging open in shock.