vierzig.

THE OMINOUS BUILDING towered over you, the dark night giving the structure an even more creepy vibe. it was tall and simple, but also old. the painting was peeling off and surprisingly, there were no windows. it screamed like an abandoned building but the fact that it was in the middle of a dead street with no houses around, only trees and flowers, it was a perfect hide out for someone like MARLEY. nonetheless, you were a bit confused to its structure or place. just a few streets down you passed pieck's fairly large house and a couple more, then it turned creepy and murderous when you realized that the street just had this creepy building standing in the middle.

     yup, this is the exact address. you recalled.

     taking a deep breath, you strolled over to the lone metal door with a slight frown. you ignored the pound of your heart and pushed the door open, cringing when it started to creak. you peeked inside and your shoulders sagged, seeing no one inside but an elevator instead attached to the wall. you stepped in quickly, looking around the dull grey walls of the small room. you frowned; it felt like it was a scene from men in black where a very advanced technologies and large rooms awaits once you step inside the elevator. luckily, there were no aliens or a person guarding the room like in the movies so you had no trouble getting inside.

     the elevator slid open and as you stepped in, the dreadful feeling was now back again. you tried to shrug it off and pressed the single button the elevator had. your breathe hitched and your heartbeat was erratic than ever; you weren't prepared for such a stealthy mission. your knowledge about sneakin in only came from movies, there's a huge chance you'd die soon. the elevator opened and you were face-to-face with a fairly normal hallway. the walls, ceilings, and tiles were a bright color of white and as you cautiously traveled the lone hallway, you were met with more hallways left and right and a bunch of doors. the corridors were now filled with what looked like to be scientists (or doctors, you had no idea) and there were some guards patrolling the hallways with their hands gripping their gun. you ducked behind a wall and gritted your teeth, if you didn't blend in, you'd be staining the pristine walls with red.

     you looked around once more and when the coast was clear, you quickly headed inside a normal-looking door. you let out a sigh of relief once you realized it was a closet, filled with lab coats and other clothing. "damn, i feel like a spy!" you muttered, grabbing a white lab coat that fits you. luckily, it had an id clipped in so if anyone asked, you could show it to them. you looked around once more for anything that could cover your face before spotting a box filled with face masks. grinning, you left the room and read the clipboard you bought in concentration to look more real.

     you passed many guards and doctors, which you luckily tricked. one doctor even asked you about 'mermaid alpha' (which you guessed was the heir and the first mermaid they captured) and her vitals, to which you replied that it was good even if you had no idea what you were talking about. 

     the bright hallways and corridors was slowly making you go crazy. you've walked multiple times and entered many rooms but never did you see a mermaid inside (except for a couple making out but that was the least of your problems). you only had two hours and you wasted a few minutes of looking around, if you didn't get the mermaid back to the merfolk, who knows what would happen? 

     you groaned and pushed the face mask down, "ugh, where is it?"

     "ah, y/n." 

     your blood ran cold and your pulse was the only muscle that moved after hearing your name. your back was turned to him and you were contemplating whether or not to run away and catch the others' attention or just make a deal. as if he would, you gritted your teeth and slowly turned around.