ᵉⁱᵍʰᵗᵉᵉⁿ

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN,
narrative ( wednesday )

"i can't believe you just bought a fucking skateboard for $300" estella said to her friend through facetime, clearly very disgusted.

zara popped the last piece of her snickers bar into her mouth before dusting off her hands. "it's for vinnie so it's fine" she said with her mouth full.

"honestly could not tell you the last time i bought shit for troy, yet you're here buying expensive ass pieces of WOOD for vinnie" stella proclaimed whilst zara adjusted her position on the carpet, pulling the big box in front of her, ready to open it up.

zara laughed as she dragged the knife through the tape keeping the box secure at the top, "okay but it's something he's been wanting for a long time. plus he's going through a lot so i thought it would be a nice suprise," she tried to justify.

estella palmed her face, "anyways what happened with jaden i haven't heard you talk about him since the first day he hit you up"

zara kept her focus on trying to open the box as she continued to speak with estella, "we still talk everyday but i told him that i'm in a bit of a situation and that i just wanted to be friends"

"omg well what did he say?" estella asked as she adjusted her position on her bed.

"he said he understands and that he'll still be here for me if i ever need anything. he was just happy i told me sooner than later" zara gently smiled.

"aww he's so sweet" stella pouted leading zara to nod in agreement as she pulled the board out the box of packing peanuts, letting it rest on her lap.

"soo i'm guessing that means everything with vinnie is going good now huh?" stella smirked while she wiped lipgloss from off her mouth corners.

zara blushed, "yeah it's all been pretty good but last night..." zara dramatically fanned herself making stella scream. "dude how was it!"

"so gooddd" zara groaned, throwing her head back, "like deadass my legs are still sore"

"what?!?" stella gasped, "so you didn't have to like fake it or anything..."

"hell noo we could go for rounds and i wouldn't have to" zara stated, clearly losing her censor. "wow must be nice" estella sighed causing zara's eyes to widen

"AYOO" zara heard vinnie yell as her bedroom door flew open. "i thought you said he wasn't here" stella quickly yelled as zara grabbed her phone off the floor.

"he wasn't!" zara apologetically replied before stella hung the phone up in embarrassment.

"how long where you listening?" zara awkwardly asked vinnie as she got off the floor, holding the board behind her back.

"long enough to know my dick games strong and troys isn't shit" vinnie laughed while closing the door. "i was being dramatic you're alright and yeah that whole troy thing was unexpected...." zara replied

"yeah since it's "alright" do i have to remind you what happened last night" vinnie pressed on making zara's cheeks heat up.

"that's what i thought" vinnie continued to tease, leading zara to roll her eyes,"see this is why i don't hype you up". vinnie couldn't help but laugh.

"you know i love you" he smiled, before placing a kiss on her forehead. "yeah whatever" zara responded with a soft smile.

vinnie chuckled as he took a seat on the edge of zara's bed, finally noticing she was hiding something. "what's behind your back?" he asked.

"close your eyes" zara playfully smiled which in return she earned a dry look. "come onn" she begged getting antsy.

"fine fine whatever" vinnie shut his eyes making zara giggle. "you're so sus" he said as the brownskin pulled the board from behind her back.

she dusted off the limited edition astroworld album skateboard deck before gently placing it on vinnies lap.

"you can open now" zara sang out. vinnies eyes slowly opened before they landed on the piece of maple wood sitting on his lap.

"no way" he said in awe as his slender fingers trailed over the black handwritten lettering that spelt out, 'look mom i can fly'. he held the board up straight to admire the astroworld doodle at the tip of the board. the glossy finish looked beautiful under the ceiling light, and felt even better under his grip. it was just the perfect size.

zara didn't understand what the big hype was, but then again she wasn't a skater or that much into "hype beast" things to begin with. she was just happy to gift him with something he liked.

"how did you get this?" vinnie looked back up at zara, still purely in shock, "there were only 200 made". zara smiled, "i'm a very charismatic person".

vinnie placed the board beside him on the bed and smiled, "baby i love it, thank you so much," he pulled her into a tight hug, his arms wrapped around her waist.

"aww i'm glad you do vinnie" zara smiled proudly. "you're fucking amazing". vinnie returned the warm smile, making zara blush before mumbling a thank you out of timidness. she still didn't completely understand how to accept compliments very well.

"we should go to the skate park tonight" vinnie said, his arms wrapped around zara's waist, being that she was standing in between his legs. "i can finally give you another lesson and maybe this time around you won't fracture anything"

zara chuckled at the last part. she wouldn't tell him but she was not planning on going on a skateboard ever again after that last incident.

"i can't tonight babes" she started, "i have to take these braids out they're long overdue". vinnie pouted before an idea popped into his head. "can i help?" he asked.

zara raised her eyebrow, "you want to help me take my braids out?" vinnie nodded, "and when you take them out can you do the little curl things you do," he tried to explain himself the best he could with hand gestures.

zara laughed at his struggle of terminology, but she could tell that he wanted her to do her twist/ braid outs. "okay fine i guess i could go natural just for a little bit" zara replied to his suggestion.

vinnie smiled happily, "okay now how do we take these out..."

𝐣𝐨𝐭𝐬
i hate but love this
at the same time um...