CH. 33

As I was walking back to my room, a certain ginger male had stopped me in my tracks. "(Y/N), when did you get back? You guys didn't even tell me." He says in a deep gruff voice, he sounds like he just woke up from a nap.

"O-oh, sorry." I rubbed my arm sheepishly. "Hey, you alright?" He places his palm on my shoulder, staring into my (E/C) eyes in worry. "Huh, oh, yeah I'm fine." I shrugged my shoulders.

I bit my lip silently, debating with myself whether if I should tell him about the safe zone or not. "What would you do if you found out that there was a safer place here?" I look him in the eyes.

"There is?!" He looks me in the eye excitedly. "While on our search we had met a man who said that there was a safe zone out there." His mouth slightly agape, staring at me in surprise.

"We should get goin' then and let the other guys-" He was suddenly cut off by Lawrence walking up to us. "You're right Zion, if it really is true then we should get going." Lawrence smiles at the two of us.

"What?" "What do you mean?" I look him in the eye. "Exactly what Zion said." He simply smiles at the two of us. "You saw how mad that man was, and that guy was his friend. How could we trust someone like him, huh?" Lawrence stares at me intently.

I felt small around Lawrence, like a predator towering over his prey. Zion stared at the two of us in confusion. "Think about it, (Y/N)." He pats me on the shoulder. I guess he's right we shouldn't trust strangers that easily and take risks, but it's worth a try, right?

"Our safety is my number one priority. We can't just take off like that and rely on some rumour from a random guy." He heaves out a sigh. "I think we should all get some rest and talk about this later." He gently ruffles my hair.

"Bye guys." Lawrence walks away from the two of us. Zion turned his head at me and gives me a 'what the hell is going on here?' look. "Let's get some rest then." I heaved out a heavy sigh.

"You're still gonna tell me about what happened though, right?" He raises an eyebrow at me. "Yeah, I'll tell you later." I giggled lightly. "Alright, I'm not big on waiting though." He looks me in the eye.

"Well, go get some rest now kid." He rubs my hair roughly, making a mess out of it. "Was that really necessary?" I groan in annoyance. "Uh-huh." He smirks at me slyly.

I sigh, puffing out my cheeks. I walk towards him menacingly. I immediately wrapped my arm around his neck, pulling him down to my height and ruffling his hair.

"Hey!" I giggled, letting him go. "That's my revenge." I walked away from him, finally making it to my room.

~~~~~~~~

I sighed to myself, lying down on the makeshift bed. 'Judy, you're probably going to be excited once you heard that there was actually safe zone here.' I thought to myself, giggling at the thought of Judy jumping up and down excitedly.

'Gosh, I miss you so much. I wish I could have gone with you there.' I sighed to myself, slowly closing my eyes.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I slowly fluttered my eyes open, yawning. I turned to the window and the beautiful blue night sky paints the room. I immediately remembered the meeting. "Oh, shoot!" I instantly got up, making my way to room 1-C.

"I don't think we can just make a spur-of-the-moment decision on this." Lawrence heaves out a long sigh. I entered the room silently, taking a seat between Harry and Eugene.

"What if there was actually a safe zone?" Harry stares at Lawrence. "Are we going to risk our lives on 'what ifs'?" Lawrence frowns, shaking his head in disapproval.

"Well, at least.." Harry pauses for a moment, avoiding Lawrence's gaze before staring back at him. "Well, we can't stay here forever. We only have so much time until the food runs out." Harry heaves out a sigh.

"We must find another safer place for us." Ethan joins in the conversation. Lawrence mumbles to himself about something. "There's no point in just sitting here and talking bout' it. Why don't we just go and see for ourselves?" Zion furrows his eyebrows.

"Then, we'll know if it truly exists but it's too much of a risk don't you think?" Lawrence grimaces, glancing at me once in a while. "W-well, it's worth a try, isn't it?" I muttered out.

"Even if it's pretty far, I wouldn't mind. This place stinks anyway." Eugene crosses his arms. "Yeah, it's worth a try." Ethan nods at me.

Something feels different here. Oh, right! She's not here. She would've been very vocal about this. I look around "Uh, where's Sue?" I glanced at everyone.

"Huh?" "You're right, she's not here!" Eugene looks at me in worry. Sudden uneasiness falls upon everyone as we all stared at each other in fear, trying hard not to think of something else.

"I-I'll go get her." I forced out a smile, trying to get rid of the tension. "She still must be sleeping." I slide the door open, walking out.

I walked out the hallway, my heart was pounding in my chest as my hands were starting to sweat. I bit my lip silently, taking nervous steps towards Sue's room. It's alright, it's fine she's fine, right?

I stood in front of her door anxiously.

--------------------

(A/N): I hope that you enjoyed this chapter and please stay tuned for more!