Chapter 17

Tw: smut, swearing

Simon

    I'm finding it very enjoyable having Baz in my flat. He was so confident in his own space, but now that he's standing in my room he looks unsure of what to do. I get ready for bed as I normally would, and Baz slowly follows. I toss him some sweats, and he drops them back into the drawer. "Mind if I don't?" He asks in reference to the pants, and I can tell he's falling back into his usual confidence.

    "Sure" I shrug, feeling pretty indifferent on the subject.

    He gets into bed and pulls off his shirt and jeans, leaving me to decide if I should get dressed here or in the bathroom. If I get changed in the bathroom I feel like I'm making it a bigger deal than it really is, but I'm also not particularly keen on taking off my shirt in front of someone who's in such good shape. I decide to just go for it and pull off my shirt. I slip on the sweats he turned down and decided to not bother putting a shirt on. I get into bed with him and before I can do anything he rests his head on my chest, I instinctively wrap an arm around him. "Thanks" He mumbles against my chest.

    "Yeah of course" I'm not one hundred percent sure what he's thanking me for, but I go along with it.

    "I'm really happy I asked you to come pick me up," he adds.

    "I'm glad you called me to. Are you sure you're okay?" I ask, still not understanding how quickly it seems like he's gotten over it.

    "Yeah, kind of. It's not like I've never had to deal with people like him, but it's usually at the club, where there's security and bouncers... I don't know it just feels safer there" He explains, he feels heavier against my chest, so I hold him tighter.

    "That makes sense" I agree, and lightly scratch my nails up and down his back, Baz smiles in response. "Are you going to press charges?" I ask.

    "Probably not, I don't have proof. And I think he only tried because he knew me, I don't think he'll try it again"

    "Okay" I accept his decision even though I think he should at least call the cab company.

    "And he knows where I live, you don't want to upset people like him, you know?" He still sounds so nonchalant, like everything he's saying is common knowledge, like I should know it already.

    "Hmm, I see" I scratch my nails from his back, up his neck, and into his hair.

    "I think I'm going to try and get myself in this position every night. You're so nice to me" he tells me quietly.

    "What do you mean?" I laugh.

    "You're scratching my back and playing with my hair, it feels really nice" he turns over so his back is against my chest, and smiles up at me. I laugh and lean over to kiss him. "Can I ask you a question?" He asks.

    "Yeah" I push him by the shoulder until his back is exposed to me again so I can continue drawing shapes into it with my nails.

    "The first time we met, you kissed me just to see how you felt about it, and you said you didn't like it. Is that still the case? Or has it changed?" He asks a question I really wasn't expecting. I have to take a second to think about it.

    "I don't think it has. I didn't like it because I didn't know you, and it felt like something that was leading up to sex, and I didn't want that. But when I just kissed you now, it didn't feel like that, it was different" I explain, and I am surprised that I was able to convey what I felt with words.