Ch.39 ~ Adrenaline

Sorry for such late updates, a lot has been going on in my life that I'm not going to get into detail about, but just know that I will still be finishing this book so don't worry!!

Also, I understand that this book isn't amazing or anything but it is my first book and I'm trying my best here. So I would really appreciate the negative comments to be kept to yourself. If you have a problem with my books then kindly leave instead of announcing how horrible it is. If it's about any mistakes or about some advice you would like to give, then I just ask you be a little more nice about it.

Please and thank you

Also warning that there will be some HEAVY gory stuff in this chapter... haha I'm a little messed up, don't come for me. I will put my little squiggly lines before and after the gory stuff for the people that would refer to skip that.

Kai's POV

~Flashback~

"Now then, let's fix that problem you've got in you tummy, huh?"

I feel my blood run cold as the sentence rolls disgustingly off the equally nasty man.

No.

No way in hell am I going to let him touch my baby. I can't be a coward anymore.

Not right now.

I pull at the ropes that mercilessly have my hands tied as I try to pry them free. It seemed pointless but I kept tugging and prying until I felt a pop.

Wait a second.. a pop?

That's when the pain registered and I let out a soft whimper. I just dislocated my hand yet this isn't even close to what I had experience when I was living with my father.

The two of them looked at me with confusion but I covered it up by showing them an expression of fear instead of pain. My father smirks as he looks down at me with excited eyes.

"Yes, that's the look I love so much." He practically swoons over the face I'm making which in turn makes my stomach churn. I want to throw up.

I didn't even notice that Cayden had grabbed a small knife and was placing it against my belly.

It only took a small incision that barely made blood flow before I snapped and lost all reasoning.

~~~~gory beginning ~~~~

My whole being was on auto drive as I ripped my dislocated hand out of the rope and swing them around. I take the rope and wrap it around Caydens neck, choking him. He tries to stab me with the knife but I let go and grab it from his hand.

Without even knowing what I was doing, I swung my arm to the side which ended in me cutting Caydens neck. It took a second before he realized what had happened and the blood began to poor from the wound on his neck. He started choking up blood as well.

I wasn't thinking about anything. I didn't feel anything. It was as if this wasn't even me who was doing this. All I wanted to do was protect my baby.

My father watched in horror as I took the knife and stabbed Cayden in the chest as an extra precautionary measure that really didn't need to be taken. I looked my father dead in the eyes before I used the knife to cut the rope that was tying my feet together. Once my feet were free I lunged, the knife colliding with his torso. I stabbed him over and over again until I was sure he wasn't moving.

~~~~gory ending~~~~

I slowly stood up, wobbling slightly as I looked at the two dead bodies before me.

I didn't feel regret. I didn't feel dirty. I didn't feel anything.

Well that was until a few more minutes passed and my adrenaline rush finally came to an end. Once I realized what I had done I completely broke down. I sat down in the corner and wrapped my arms protectively around my stomach. I rocked myself reassuringly the same way I used to do when I was abused.

I felt like I was back in time, crawled up in the corner of my room, scared beyond belief of what was to happen to me.

I sat there for what felt like hours before I smelled something.

I smelled him.

And then the door opened and I let out the breath I didn't even know I had been holding.

And I felt safe again.

~~~~~~~~

Short but now y'all know what happened to the two f*ckers.

Also, if anyone is still confused about what happened to Kai. No, he doesn't have some super power that takes over or whatever. In that situation, he was willing to do anything for his baby. Adrenaline took over and he moved on instinct. If anyone has been in a dire situation then you probably understand.

Well then, see ya in the next chapter!