110 | JoJo

Hey guys! Hope everyone's doing okay and keeping safe! These chapters totaled over 10k words, which was a lot to edit at once, so I apologize for any errors or anything

These chapters totaled over 10k words, which was a lot to edit at once, so I apologize for any errors or anything. And after these, I think I'll be going back to a chapter a week :) hope you guys enjoy them! Also thank you to everyone who voted for BOTK in the Reader's Choice Awards! We won, guys! Thank you so much for your support 🖤🤍

♟♙♟

GRAY. That tepid color painted my eyes and injected itself into my flesh, completely morphing me into nothingness. Tiny pockets of air twirled underneath me and pushed me upwards, making me airborne with no explanation except that I wasn't alive or on earth.

It didn't feel like hell, but it wasn't heaven either. Purgatory? Or maybe it was nothing at all. I didn't care. I relaxed, waiting for sleep to take me forever, waiting for an endless cycle of silvery bittersweet lullabies to consume my existence.

But a stinging cramp burst across my forehead, the tiny flecks of agony crawling across my skull like wild fleas, feasting on my brain. I choked at the sudden invasion, watching my false fantasy shatter before me.

Gasping, the pain shoved me down into the swirling gray as piercing screams blasted my ears on the way down. The world crumbled before me like chipped paint in a rainstorm, each piece peeling away like old scabs.

Bright colors returned in hazy hues, battling with the gloomy gray until my vision returned me to the nightmare I tried to escape, an earsplitting buzzing sound humming in my ears.

"You're not dyin' here — get off!" Rucker slammed his head into my forehead, giving me the same pain that tore me away from that gray place. "Go!" He did it again in quick succession, harder this time.

The sharp pain licked my skin like a tongue on ice, making me squeal as the impact tossed my body to the left, moving me out of the way of the incoming blade.

I grunted and held onto the side of the chair, thin lines of blood pouring down my thighs from my ass wound.
"N-no. L-let me come with you." Why didn't he just let me stay there? Why couldn't we go together? Be free together?

"It's not your time. It's mine," he said, a single tear falling down his cheek before he crashed his knee into my rib at the perfect angle. I gasped, instinctively clutching my side, which made me tumble from the chair.

I tried to hold on, to stay with him because I knew I'd lose him if I let go, and I didn't know if I could live in a world without him. A world without Rucker seemed so dark and lonely. My brain couldn't handle that depressing world.

But my wet fingers slipped on the metal handle, securing my failure. I plopped into the icy water, my right cheek blazing like I got spanked by a sadistic jellyfish.

"Stop it — just accept this," Rucker yelled at me when I tried to climb back up. He clamped his chained hands on either side of the chair, bracing himself for the incoming saw that was spewing water all over him.