Chapter 52

*REBEL SIMMONS POV* 

I took a deep breath, trying to calm my running mind as I collected my thoughts.

Johnny made a deal with the Vino Mafia for safety. 

Cobra followed my mother and Johnny out of town, most likely to kill them. 

Stephano killed Cobra. 

Cobra is Luka Pavlovki. 

Stephano Vino killed my father. 

I had sex with the son of the man who killed my father. 

Xavier Pavlovski leads the Russian Mafia.

Xavier Pavlovski killed nearly half of the Vino family. 

Luka is Xavier Pavlovski's younger brother. 

Luka Pavlovski is my father. 

Different emotions swirled it's way to the surface of my subconscious as the room stared at me. The tension in the air was thick as everyone waited for me to say something. 

"Well... that was... enlightening." I said as I looked up at everyone with my eyebrows furrowed. 

"Yeah... um..." Natalia said as she pursed her lips. 

"Let me just be the one to break the ice and say that I'm sorry our father killed your father." Isa said awkwardly as she looked at me with wide eyes. Her words were slow as she held out her hands, emphasizing every word as she spoke. 

"It's fine, really." I said quietly as I looked up at the room. 

A flood of emotions came to the forefront of my mind, confusion being the most prevalent of them all. 

Despite the fact that I was subjected to unfathomable living conditions as a child, I always felt the undying need to gain acceptance from my father.  Granted, Johnny was a serious piece of shit for what he did to me, but nevertheless, I always fought off the subconscious desire to have him say those clique lines:

I'm proud of you. 

You belong. 

You're worth it. 

I love you.

I always longed for a father that was present in my life; a father that would interrogate boys whenever they picked me up for those corny school dances, someone to be my number one fan, someone who I could rely on to have my back, to protect me. 

It took years to get over the fact that I killed my father, yet now that I realize my real father is also dead, I couldn't help but feel that familiar longing scratch its way to the surface once more. 

Although, I couldn't tell which made me feel worse: The shock that my real father was dead, or the fact that I would never get to meet him. Either way, I didn't feel sadness. Instead, I felt as if I missed out on the opportunity to see if Luka would be the father I always daydreamed about. 

Granted, it was relieving to know that my real father's identity has finally been brought to light, but it was about 20 years too late. Besides, given his criminal record, I doubt he'd be the stereotypical father I wished for as a child. 

As I looked around the room, I felt no resentment or bitterness towards the family that ordered my real father's death. On the contrary, I saw a room full of people who have treated me with nothing but kindness and respect.

"You're contract is now officially terminated. Get your shit and get out." Dante said as he gave me a menacing stare with his arms crossed. 

Well, almost everyone treats me with kindness and respect.