✓ THREE.

chapter three
"no pogue on pogue macking"

      "AND I THOUGHT THE CHATEAU looked bad

"AND I THOUGHT THE CHATEAU looked bad."

After John B had attached an anchor to the sunken boat that exploded curiosity in the teenagers minds, they all headed on to where the Coast Guard was making their central for the surge. However, it was no luck, because the men that were in charge wouldn't listen to a single word the children had to offer. So, they decided they would go to the motel — the one that was printed on that card John B had found earlier in the morning on the wreckage.

Lynn, along with the rest of the scooby gang, were staring at the poor excuse of a motel that the keycard belonged to. She couldn't tell if it was because of the hurricane, or because it was actually a crappy place beforehand, but it was a pure shitshow.

"This place is a shitshow," John B commented, and she let out a small chuckle under her breath because the guy had managed to actually read her mind.

"Motel or meth lab?"

I'm gonna say both," Lynn stated with a teasingly funny eyebrow raised, glancing over towards Kie, who was sitting right beside the girl.

"Doesn't look like a place somebody with a Grady-White stays," JJ explained while his eyes stayed trained on the upcoming motel.

That part, totally made sense. Why would someone with such great taste in boats stay at a terrible motel like this? It truly didn't make sense to Lynn.

"No, it looks like a place where someone with a Grady-White would get killed," Pope puffed out, and Lynn nodded alongside him knowing no one was really paying attention.

Slowly and steadily, they made their way to the shoreline where they could tie off. JJ jumped off first, making sure the boat was in fact secured for the rest of his best friends. Then John B was the next to top off the boat onto the soft grass, where lastly Lynn moved to the front of the boat — following the same action that both JJ and John B had done to land right in between the two taller boys.

"Hey, you're not coming," JJ pointed his index finger warningly in Lynn's direction, making her roll her bright blue eyes with annoyance. "It's could be dangerous."

"Dangerous to explore a motel room? Get over yourself JJ, I'm coming with you to make sure you dumbass's don't do something dumb," Lynn responded, full of sass and attitude, narrowing her first eyes towards the two boys.

JJ then glanced quickly to John B for help, but he only shrugged as a simply reply, "I mean, she's kinda got a point."

"Dude!" JJ exclaimed dramatically, and Lynn only decided to strut right past the two boys and towards the motel stairs. The keycard had a light colored 229 scribbled onto the plastic, but it was hardly even recognizable, but still meant they needed to head up to the second floor.