17

8:12"I'll get going, it's kinda late" Jihae said as she stuffed her books in her bag and Jeno did the same

8:12
"I'll get going, it's kinda late" Jihae said as she stuffed her books in her bag and Jeno did the same.
They spent time together, studying and getting to know each other more.
For the first time Jihae saw a different side of Jeno- not the friend she knew.
He was more considerate and caring towards her- looking out for her every minute and making sure she had that smile on her face all the time.

"I'll drop you home Ji" He said, pointing at the car that his mother sent.
"No that's okay Jeno. I'll walk—"
"I'll walk you home then"
He interjected and the girl shook her head.
"Just go, I'll walk per usual—"
"I'm not leaving my girl alone when it's dark, let me walk you home Jihae" He said, determined to not leave her alone, especially at this hour.
She nodded knowing he won't change his decision.

"Mom I'm walking Jihae home tell the driver to leave"
"Just tell him Jeno"
"He wants you to say or he's not moving"
"Fine give him the phone. I'll speak to him"
Jeno handed the phone to the driver and soon he nodded, giving the phone back to Jeno and left.

"I thought you had a say?" Jihae asked.
"It's all my mom honestly" He shrugged.
The two conversed as they walked.

"Wanna have a drink?" He asked, pointing at the store and the girl immediately shook her head noticing the familiar store- knowing it was still Jaemin's shift time.
"Hey that's okay, let's go" He said before dragging the girl along with him, inside the store.
Grabbing two drinks he walked towards the counter, pulling out his wallet to pay.

"Oh you're his friend right? The girl from the other day?" The lady asked and Jihae nodded, thanking her under her breath for not mentioning his name in front of Jeno.
Not paying much attention to her words, Jeno paid for the drinks, thanked the lady and the two made their way out.

Pushing the door open, to exit- another figure stood in front of the two, equally surprised as Jeno.
Jihae cursed under her breath for the wrong timing- Jeno and Jaemin confronting each other was not the best thing.

Jeno eyed the boy's jacket, noticing he worked in the store.
Holding Jihae's hand, Jeno walked past Jaemin- intentionally bumping their shoulders as he pulled the girl along with him knowing Jaemin watched the whole scene.

Jaemin sighed- not wanting to turn back and see the two. He entered the store and handed the money to the lady.
"Are they dating?" She asked, eyeing the two who were walking- his hand still gripping hers.
Jaemin didn't reply.
"They're a cute couple" Her comment made him roll his eyes.
"My shift is over, I'll leave" With that said, Jaemin pulled the jacket off and placed it in the cupboard, situated at one corner of the store before exiting.

"They're a cute couple tsk" He mocked the lady, scoffing at her words, as he rode his bicycle.

Walk you home is such a beautiful song🥺♥️