CH. 27

I stared at him in surprise. Lawrence simply smiles at me "Well, let's get back to the others now." He slowly gets up, putting his hand out towards me. I stared into his caramel brown eyes in bewilderment. I gently took his hand as he helped me get up.

We headed back to room 1-C together. "Oh, you guys are back." Harry gives the two of us a warm smile. I gave Harry a smile back as I nodded. I directed my attention towards the blond male behind Harry, he looks like he wants to say something to me.

He slowly walks up to me with an apologetic look on his face. "Look, (Y/N).." He pauses for a moment, gazing into my (E/C) orbs as he bites his lip.

I already knew what he was going to say, I crossed my arms as I patiently waited for it. "I'm sorry for what I had said earlier.." He mutters out, looking away to avoid eye contact. "Hey, it's alright!" I grinned at him brightly, holding both of his hands gently and giving it a squeeze of reassurance.

He instantly directs his attention towards me, a deep frown appearing on his face. "Do you even know how to get angry? Why are you being so nice and understanding all of the time..." He looks away shyly, still keeping his hands in mine.

"I'm sorry.." He turns his head to look at me again. "I basically blamed you for all the things that had happened here.." A shadow had cast over his face, a look of guilt was evident in his deep orange orbs.

He sounds sincere. "Apology accepted!" I gave him a toothy grin, liking this side of Eugene. He looks relieved, giving me a once-in-a-lifetime smile.

I released Eugene's hands, looking around the room. Hailey was staring at me nervously, I simply gave her a small smile as I walked up to the window.

I sighed, staring out into the distance. After a while, I had spotted something moving. It looked like a small group of people. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion 'Could they be soldiers?' I squinted my eyes, trying to comprehend what I was seeing.

I could feel a warm hand on my shoulder, I flinched slightly at their touch as I turned around to face them. "What are you looking out at?" He looks at me with worried filled eyes. "I think I saw soldiers.." I pointed out at the window.

"I see, then, let's keep that in mind when we patrol out." He says matter-of-factly. I nod at him, briefly glancing at the window from time to time. "W-what?! We're going on patrol again, after all this?!" Eugene gasps at Lawrence.

"We still have plenty of things to take care of, and our food supply is almost running out." He crosses his arms, a sigh escaping from his soft lips. "That's true, but.." Eugene was suddenly cut off. "Where is Sue?" Lawrence glances at everyone.

"I think she already went to sleep.." Ethan shrugs his shoulders. Zion raises an eyebrow at Ethan "She never misses out on the meetings though?" Everyone stayed silent for a moment.

"Besides the usual patrols, as you all know, there've been some trust issues among us." Lawrence sighs. "Unfortunately, we had witnessed the death of our friend.." He crosses his arms, referring to Scarlett.

"From this point on, I'll be keeping records of any unusual behaviours of everyone." Lawrence stares at all of us. "Y-you mean Sue is being s-suspected now?.." Hailey fiddles with her hair.

"Yes." He said in a straightforward manner. I noticed that he took a few brief glances at me. I nodded, just going with whatever Lawrence says. I took a brief glance at him, and I could see a faint smile on his face.

"Well, this is for everyone's safety." He smiles at everyone. I was glad that Lawrence was our leader. He's smart, innovative, strong and mature. I nodded, simply agreeing with him.

Although he was doing this for everyone's safety, I still couldn't brush off this weird feeling that I got off from him. He calmly gives a speech about those whom we have lost.

Just like he always does, he ends his speech with a request for everyone to overcome any hardships and stay strong together. This time, it sounds more heartbreaking to me.

"Alright, we'll take one more day on our breaks and we get back on our patrols tomorrow." Everyone nods in understanding. "Harry, do you have the map with all the previous search zones marked?" Lawrence directs his attention towards Harry.

"Yes, it's in my room." Harry gives him a soft smile. "Great, make sure to bring it with you." Harry nods at Lawrence. "Got it."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

After the meeting had ended, I decided to go check up on Harry. I stood in front of his door, hesitating to knock. "H-Harry?.." I mutter out softly. "The door is open.." He sounds like he's in pain.

I immediately got worried, sliding his door open without hesitation. He sits in the middle of his room, cross-legged as he smiles at me softly. "(Y/N), what's up?" My shoulders relaxed for a bit, I smiled at him knowing that he's fine.

---------------------

(A/N): I hope that you enjoyed this chapter and please stay tuned for more! I hope you have a wonderful day!