Chapter 33

CC's P.O.V:

"What age group are you looking for?" a lady asks. "Um, older. . . Like, 15 ish," Ashley says and she nods. "We have one boy that's 14. He's uh- he's a troubled child. I'm and out of foster homes his whole life. He's in his room, the one that has a letter on it," she told us and we nodded, walking down the long hallway to the door with the letter M on it.

I knocked on the door and someone groaned, walking to the door and opening it. "Who the hell are you?" he asks. "Um, we're here to adopt someone and we were thinking about adopting you," Ashley says and the child's eyes light up for a second before he bites his lip.

"M-me?" he mutters and we nod. "Why the hell would you adopt an older kid? Nobody does that!" he exclaims, walking back into his room and sitting on the bed. We walk in and I scan the walls, seeing the posters covering them. "You have a good taste in music," I say and he rolls his eyes, grabbing his clothes from his closet and putting them in a suitcase.

"What's your name?" Ashley asks. ". . . Matty. So, um, are-are you guys serious about this?" he asks and we nod. "Okay. . . But I'm sure you'll return me in a few days," he says and takes his posters down, putting them in his suitcase and zipping it up.

"We won't. Do you have anything else?" Ashley asks and he hesitates, shaking his head. "No. Wait, where's my guitar. Abby, where's my guitar?!" Matty yells and a little girl walks in, looking at him.

"I'm busy, Matty. There's a family looking at me," she says and Matty smiles. "Good. Do you think Carl did something with it?" Matty asks and she shrugs. "I dunno. It might be in his room," Abby replies and skips away to Jake and Ella.

"If you can't find it we can buy you one," Ashley says and he nods, zipping up his suitcase and setting it up. "We just need to go sign the papers," Matty mumbles and we nod, walking out the door to the owner of the house.

"There's just a few papers you need to sign. Matty, your guitar is in Angleas room," she says and he nods, running up the stairs. "Now, I will warn you, Matty is trouble. He's been in and out of homes his whole life," she says and we nod. "We know," Ashley says and starts signing the papers.

Jackie's P.O.V:

I open my eyes and see Jinxx standing in the middle of the room with Aleah in his arms, whispering to her.

"Why is mommy so skinny?" She asks and Jinxx sighs, biting his lip. "She uh-she has and eating disorder that makes her think she's fat and ugly and makes her not eat," he explains, tears in his eyes. I cover my mouth, trying not to cry.

"Will it go away?" Aleah asks and Jinxx shakes his head slowly. "I uh-I don't think so, 'Leah. She uh-she thinks that I think it's gone but it's not. I don't think it will ever go away," he says, a tear running down his face and she nods, wiping the tear off his face.

"But she's so beautiful, daddy," she says and he nods. "I know," he says and she sees me looking at them. "Mommy?" She whispers and Jinxx sets her on the bed. She crawls up to my chest and sits on it, looking at me.

"Mommy, please don't cry," she says and kisses my forehead. Jinxx sits down beside me and helps me sit up, pulling me onto his lap. "Mommy, please try to get better," she says and I nod, kissing her cheek softly. "I'll try, baby," I whisper and she nods.

"I'm gonna go see the new babies," she announces and softly pushes off my chest, waddling out of the room.

"She's so awesome." I chuckle and Jinxx nods, looking down at me and smiling, kissing me softly. "Can you hand me my phone? I'm gonna text Bryan to see when he can visit," I say and he nods, handing me my phone.

I text Bryan and set my phone down, laying my head on Jinxx chest and closing my eyes, sighing. "Jackie, do you still love me as much as you did when we first got together?" He asks and I nod. "Why would you ask that?" I mumble, sitting up and looking at him.

"I don't know. You just seem to be distancing yourself from me," he says. "I'm not. I'm just really busy with Aleah and the band, I have to write more songs so we can make another album," I sigh and he nods. "Do you want Colbie and all them to come over to help you work on it?" He asks and I nod, sitting up and texting them all to come over.

"Bryan said we can meet up at the APMA's and he can come over and we can do an interview the day after," I say and he nods, walking down the stairs. I follow him and walk to the fridge, grabbing a soda and sitting on the couch. "I'm going to go for a walk, I'll be back in a few minutes," he says and leans down, kissing me softly and walking out the door. "Does Jinxx seem weirder to you?" I ask Juliet and she nods. "I think he's hiding something. What do you think it is?" She asks. "I hope it isn't what we're thinking. . ." I mumble, sighing and waiting for Colbie and the others to arrive.

Colbie's P.O.V:

I walk inside the house and pick up Aleah, tossing her in the air. "Uncle Colbie!" She squeaks, giggling as I spin around with her. "You've gotten so big!" I exclaim, setting her on the couch by Jackie and looking at Juliet. "How're the babies doing?" I ask and she smiles. "They're doing great. Andy's giving them a bath right now," she says and I nod, sitting beside Jackie and putting my arm around her.

"What's wrong, boo?" Vinnie asks, crouching infront of her and looking at her. "Nothing. Just tired," she sighs and I look around. "Where's Jinxx?" I ask. "He said he's going for a walk," she mutters. "I'm sure he just needed some fresh air," Jackie whispers and I sigh. "I sure hope so. For his sake," I growl and Jinxx walks in, hanging his jacket up and smiling awkwardly.

Jinxx's P.O.V:

"I didn't know you guys were going to be back so soon," I say and pick Aleah up, sitting down and setting her on my lap. "Where were you?" Jackie asks worriedly. "I was getting you a Christmas present," {YEAH I KNOW THE APMAS DONT TAKE PLACE NEAR CHRISTMAS FUCK OFF} I state and she smiles. "What is it?" She asks and I shake my head. "I can't tell you, sweetie," I whisper and kiss her.

"Ew!" Aleah groans and slaps my face, sliding off my lap. I laugh and glance at Jackie, smiling softly at her. The front door opens and Jake and Ella walk in carrying a little girl. "She's so cute!" Jackie breathes and my hand rests on her stomach, rubbing it softly.

She looks up at me and smiles, putting her hand on mine.

Jackie's P.O.V:

"You guys need to get married soon," Juliet says and I bite my lip, smiling at Jinxx. "We will, if you still want to, of course," He says. "Well of course. Aleah, should I take his name or should we put them together?" I ask. "Get daddies name!" She shouts, jumping up and down. "Alright," I chuckle, looking up at Jinxx and smiling at him. "Okay."