eleven.

The next morning I wake up a little earlier than I planned so I decide to take a quick shower and go to Jessica's house to meet her and Natalie. I quickly throw my hair into a bun, not caring about the loose strands that my hair tie failed to catch.

 As I make my way downstairs I notice no one seemed to be home and am relieved. I don't feel like playing 21 questions with Sylvia. I make myself a quick cup of coffee, and head out the door.

The drive to Jessica's is short, considering she only lives about 10 minutes from me. But in those ten minutes I always feel like I'm in a completely separate part of town. By the time I'm near Jessica's house, I'm surrounded by big beautiful houses. Jessica's family has always had money. They are one of those families who only have one kid, but will have the biggest house on the block. I remember, when I first met her, I was so jealous of her and her families' money. But now a part of me is thankful that I don't have that. 

Her father is a CEO of some big company, so he's never really around because he travels so much for work. And her mother usually goes with him. It seems like such a waste to me to have such a big house and only have one person sleeping in it.

"Oh shit." I curse to myself as I pull into the empty gravel driveway. I suddenly remember that Jessica isn't alone, Mason is staying here too now. 

I look up into my rearview mirror to check and make sure nothing is on my face. I know Mason would be the one to point it out. I tuck a few loose strands of hair behind my ear and turn off my car. I never realized how often I'm going to have to see him until now.

  I get out of the car and make my way towards the door. It's usually unlocked, so I reach for the knob and open the door. Every time I walk into Jessica's house, it seems to look bigger and bigger. The downstairs itself was probably bigger than my whole house. The centerpiece staircase came into view as I closed the door. I looked around and couldn't help but admire the place. 

I quickly snapped out of it and picked up the pace, my feet padding against the marble floors below me. Once I reach the top of the stairs, I look around until I see a recognizable face. Sofia is walking towards what looks like Mason's bedroom door in nothing but an oversized T-shirt.

 I stop in the middle of the hallway in complete shock as Sofia turns around. Her lips slowly curve up into a smile, and I stand there as if my body was frozen in place. She snaps her head away from me and closes the door behind her.

I groan in disgust before walking towards Jessica's room down the hall. 

Jessica is sitting criss-crossed on her bed with her laptop on her lap when I walk in. Natalie is standing in front of Jessica's full body mirror, applying mascara to her lashes.

"Hey," Natalie greets me when I walk in. "What's with that face?"

"Did I just see Sofia in the other room?" I ask them as I close the door behind me.

"Oh yeah, I think they've been fucking." Jessica replies, as she closes her laptop shut and places it beside her.

"Since when?" I ask.

"I think yesterday. You know how she is." I shouldn't be so surprised, I mean in all honesty they'd be perfect for each other. 

 "Sorry, babe." Jessica says and scoots closer to me. I look up at Jessica and shoot her a look hoping Natalie doesn't catch on. 

"Why are you sorry for her?" Natalie asks as her lips are parted open, eyes focused on applying her lip gloss.

I turn my head to Jessica and she mouths the word 'sorry'. It's not like I wanted to keep it a secret from Natalie, because I don't. I'm just not in the mood for a lecture. For some reason the picture of Sofia and Mason won't leave my mind. It's grossing me out how they're just down the hall from us, doing God knows what.