8

"I'm home" Jihae shut the door behind her

"Are you even studying for the weekend test—"
"Yes mom" Jihae said before shutting her room door behind her.
"What's wrong with her?"

"Ahh" Jihae messed up her hair annoyed at her own self.
"Why the hell did you say yes you stupid?! Maybe 'I don't know' would've been better"
"Now he has the whole wrong idea! Jihae you're so fucking stupid!" Jihae threw the pillow on her bed before collapsing on her bed.
Barely getting sleep as all she could think of was about what she said to Jeno.

"Mr. Min loved our project" Jihae said, smiling at Jaemin who simply nodded.
"He was actually surprised to see that you got the answers to those hard questions" Jihae added and he looked at her giving a small smile.
"Oh hey man" Renjun said lifting his hand up for a high five. Jaemin simply stared at his hand before walking past him to the locker.
Jihae gave Renjun a high five just so he doesn't feel embarrassed.
"Thanks Ji, that guy is so plain" Renjun said making Jihae nod.
"That's cause he barely knows you. He'll start talking eventually" Jihae said as the two entered their classroom and sat down in their seats.

"Hey Ji" Jeno greeted sitting down next to her and the girl began tapping her feet on the floor which Renjun noticed.
"Sup Lee Jihae" Donghyuck said, sitting down next to a Renjun as he lifted his hand for a fist bump.
"It's Seo Jihae" She said flicking his forehead before he could react.
"Ow! That hurts!" He whined, rubbing his forehead that had a tint of red, earning a laugh from Renjun and Jihae.

"So class I've a new project for you. You guys will be paired up and have to talk about each your dream job, all in English" Mrs. Kim- the English teacher said making the whole class groan except Jihye and Renjun since the two were the toppers in that subject.
Mrs. Kim got a call from another teacher.
"Seo Jihye, make the pairs. I've to meet the department head" With that Mrs. Kim left and Jihae walked up to the front.

"I won't decide on the pairs" Jihae began and the whole class cheered, sharing a look with their best friends to pair up with.
"But you won't either. Take a small sheet, write your name and who ever you pick is your partner alright?" The class went silent before unanimously nodding.
"Let the girls pick since the last project the guys picked" Jiwon said and everyone agreed.

"Do not open it! Meet your partner after school. It'll be more fun" Eunmi said- her eyes flickered to Renjun before she sat down.
After all the boys put their names in the box she walked to where girls were seated at as they picked one sheet from the box- some happy to be paired up with their crush while some were sad to be paired up with those who don't bother about grades at all.

"Jihae you pick!" Donghyuck said and followed suit by the whole class.
"Fine" She said, looking inside the box- just four more sheets were in.
Her eyes flickered to Jeno before picking the sheet inside, a small smile- almost unnoticeable, lingering on her lips as she picked the familiar sheet form the box.

"What now?" Taehee asked.
"Study cause our mid term exams are in the next two months" Jeno said and the whole mood in the class died down at his words.
"Guys... do whatever you want, just don't be loud" Jihae said and the class thanked her before they began talking to their group of friends.

"You must've picked Jeno cause you two are fated together" Donghyuck said wiggling his brow ath the two in front.
Jihae simply shrugged and turned front- her eyes staring at Jaemin's back as he quietly read something, a slight smile making it's way on her face.
"Jeno you're lucky to be paired up with the topper" Donghyuck said punching his arm lightly making him smile, his face flushed.

"I don't think so.." Renjun muttered, inaudible, as he watched Jihae.

" Renjun muttered, inaudible, as he watched Jihae