★ 8

Jieun opened her eyes, seeing a different surrounding. She's no longer standing in her school's horse race arena, instead she's in a bedroom- Huang Renjun's bedroom.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" He asks, his eyes widening

"I-I don't know?"

Renjun sighs, ruffling his hair. "Damn it, I just remembered you're Jaemin's sister."

"Is this your room?" Jieun asks, looking around his room

"You should go back, this is not your place." Renjun said, ignoring her question

Jieun pouted. "Why am I here, though?"

"You're Jaemin's sister, your grandfather is Hermes. You and Jaemin are the only one that could travel to both worlds." 

"Woah, that's the first time I heard you talk more than one or two words." Jieun said, smiling at him

Renjun rolled his eyes at her. "Go back to your place."

Jieun pouted again, staring at him with puppy eyes. "Can't you give me a house tour first? Or at least room tour?"

"You're so annoying. Just teleport yourself back and leave me alone."

"But how?" She asks

"I'll teleport you back." He said

He was about to take her hand so he could teleport her back to her world when suddenly someone knocks on his door, and his eyes immediately widens.

Renjun takes a deep breath, regretting his life decisions. "Fuck, quick you need to hide." 

"W-where?" Jieun asks, panicking as she looked around his room

Renjun quickly grabbed her hand, pulling her to hide under his desk. "Here? Are you ser—"

"Shut up and hide." He said, cutting her words

Renjun cleared his throat, pretending to lie down on his bed with his phone on his hand.

"Come in." 

The door opened, revealing his father. "I heard about the Olympics, you're joining again right?"

Renjun puts his phone down, staring at his father. "Of course."

"Horse racing again?" 

Renjun plainly shook his head, standing up from his bed to walk towards his father. "Swimming."

His father chuckled. "You're joking right, son?"

"No. Jaemin's sister is taking the horse race, so I'll do the swimming."

"Why can't she just take the swimming?"

"She can't because of some trauma she has." Renjun replied

"But so do you, son. Do I need to remind you about what happened when—"

Renjun took a deep breath, closing his eyes hearing what his father said. "Don't bring that up again, father. I'm fine with that."

Jieun frowned, hearing what Renjun's father said. She's getting more and more curious about him. The small space is making her feel umcomfortable, so she shifted her body to find a comfortable position but she accidentally bump her head on the table.

"What's that?" Renjun's father asks, raising his eyebrow

He scanned the whole room to see if there's anything suspicious.

"Nothing," Renjun said quickly

"Probably just my book, I didn't stack them properly."

Renjun's father stared at him, not fully believing what he just said. 

"Alright then. There will be another family dinner tonight, you better get ready."

With that, his father walked away, leaving Renjun's room. Renjun sighs, walking towards his desk. Jieun came out from her hiding place, standing up right in front of Renjun.

"You don't have to swim if you can't." She said

Renjun took a deep breath, shutting his eyes trying to keep his anger inside. "Don't ever tell the others about this."

"But you can't—"

"Just go back to your place, you know too much about me." He said

He grabbed her arm, shutting his eyes closed, teleporting her back to where they were before, the school's horse racing arena. 

"You," he started

"You better shut your mouth. You're lucky you're Jaemin's sister, or else I won't hesitate to take your soul away." He said

Then he teleported himself back to his place, leaving the girl alone in the middle of the arena dumbfounded.

"Huang Renjun, how many more secrets do you keep to yourself?"

——⚜💫——

"Huang Renjun, I love you." She said, staring at him with teary eyes

His eyes began to water as he held her body closer to his. "No, no, you're not going to leave me."

The girl chuckled. Blood began to pool around them. She's losing a lot of blood, and her visions began to blur. Renjun looked at his watch, it's 3am in the morning. Their body is soaked, and they're lying down on the floor. 

"Have I told you this before? That your eyes are beautiful, even though the way you look at someone may seem cold."

"Stop saying things like that." He said as rain began to well up in his eyes

The girl chuckled. "I know you don't love me back, though. You only think of me as a friend."

"That doesn't mean you can leave me, you're my bestfriend."

The girl chuckled. "You can't love me back, do you? It's okay though, I'm sure in the future, someone will remind you about me, and you'll love her back."

"Don't say that, you're not going to leave me." Renjun said, still hoping she could make it out alive

"Renjun, you should try opening up to someone. I'm sure you'll meet her in the future."

Renjun shook his head. "Goddamnit Eunha, stop saying things like that."

"Thank you for not letting me die underwater," the girl chuckled

Her visions began to blur, and she managed to say her last words. 

"Huang Renjun, I know you'll find the one you love one day. Goodbye, my friend."

With that, she let out her last breath.

Renjun opened his eyes, jolting his body. He sighs, glad that it was all a dream. He closed his eyes, reminiscing about what happened in the past. He watched his bestfriend let out her last breath, it's too painful for him to see.

He regretted so many things- too much actually. He almost drowned that night, but he managed to save her even though she ended up dying, at least she didn't die underwater.

He shook his head, shrugging those thoughts off his mind.

"Song Eunha, sorry for not loving you back."