CH. 18

I slowly walked around the room, examining it with my eyes. My legs were wobbling from the sprain on my ankle. I looked up the stairs, sighing to myself.

I can't just walk up the stairs in the condition I am in right now. I decided to call for help "Eugene! Jay! Lawrence?!" I shouted as loud as I can, but there was no response.

Grrr...

I immediately turned around, my heart sinking down to my gut. It was a zombie.

It started approaching me slowly. I stared at it in fear, my grip on my bat was iron tight. The zombie raises its arm, ready to bite me.

I swung on it as hard as I could with my bat. It falls on the ground, slowly crawling up to me. I stared at it in disgust and terror, hitting my bat on it again and again until it doesn't move anymore.

"Phew.." I sigh to myself in relief, feeling myself go limp as I fall to the ground. "(Y/N)!" Lawrence runs up to me, immediately catching me on time. "Woah, are you alright?" Eugene stares at the bloodied fabric tied up around my leg.

"Yeah.." I reply, giving him a reassuring smile. "It looks like you can't walk in this condition." Lawrence stares at my leg. "N-no it's alright, I'm fine!" I paused for a moment, looking around.

"Where's Jay?" I asked the two as they simply stared at each other. "He's not here anymore.." Lawrence replies.

"Ugh, it's not your place to worry about others right now!" Eugene crosses his arms, shaking his head in disapproval.

I started walking to the stairs, silently wincing in pain. Lawrence immediately notices this as he scoops me up gently, carrying me in a bridal style position.

I yelped in surprise. "You don't have to-.." Lawrence immediately cuts me off. "It's alright.." He gives me a warm smile.

~~~~~~~~~

As we safely returned back to the school, Scarlett immediately blames me for the loss of Jay. "UGH, I KNEW IT! IT'S ALL HER FAULT!" She points at me furiously.

"Scarlett." Lawrence sighs, still carrying me in his arms. I could feel his comforting warmth and heartbeat. "I'll be taking (Y/N) back to her room." Lawrence glances at my leg, making everyone stare at it too.

"See? She got herself injured!" Scarlett continues on shouting. Lawrence carries me back to my room as the voices inside the classroom slowly faint as we walk away further.

"I'm sorry, you must be tired," I said in an apologetic tone. "No, it's fine." Lawrence smiles at me. We continued walking through the hallway, heading to my room.

Lawrence stops in front of the door as he tries to slide the door open but fails to do so as his hands are full. "I-I'll do it.." I mutter out, opening the door for him.

Lawrence enters the room, gently placing me on the makeshift bed. "I'll have to tend to your wounds.." Lawrence smiles at me. "N-no, it's fine! I can do it by myself." I gave him a warm smile.

"If you insist, I'll be right back." Lawrence leaves the room, closing the door.

I sighed to myself. "I'm such a burden.." I mumbled, my eyes brimming with tears. After a few moments of self-loathing, Lawrence comes back with a first aid kit.

He sits down in front of me, gently handing me the kit. "Thanks.." I said sheepishly. The two of us started conversing whilst I tended to my wounds.

"I'm still sorry for making you carry me back all the way here, I must be really heavy." I sighed, feeling embarrassed.

"It's fine, you don't have to worry." He gives me a reassuring smile as he pats my head. "Stay and rest here for a while alright? I'll have to do some things first." I nodded, watching him get up and leave the room.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I rolled on the makeshift bed, unable to fall asleep. I slowly got up, feeling much better. I walked to the door, leaving the room.

Swoosh!

I heard the same sound again when I was patrolling the library with Zion. I turned my direction towards the sound, seeing a shadow run down the stairs.

I had a gut feeling to follow the shadow. My intuition tells me that whoever just ran down the stairs, might be the one causing the strange happenings in this school.

I know that it's dangerous, but I still decided to chase it. I hastily ran down the stairs following it.

After I had gone down, I looked around. 'D*mn, I lost it!' I sighed to myself.

I stopped to think for a while.

Creeeeaaak!

I heard a door opening in the distance. I carefully followed where it came from. The sound was leading me down to the basement, I looked around carefully.

I saw that the basement door was open, walking inside quietly.

-----------------

(A/N): I hope you enjoyed this chapter and stay tuned for more!