Chapter 53: Convincing Levy

H-hi m-minna~

Before you murder me and get all sassy for not updating in a month, I have a really serious excuse. A few weeks ago, a close friend of mine lost her older brother in a car crash. So I have been spending most of my time comforting her and her family.

So please don't complain, okay?

Also, Happy Holidays! I am half-Jewish and half-Christian so I have been celebrating a lot of holidays recently with my family. I got all of Lucy's keys and the movie on blu-ray for the holidays!

Anyways, I saw a girl in the grade lower than me today in the hall and she was wearing a Fairy Tail shirt. I started freaking out and I think she got scared of me cause she ran away with her friend. Damn.

WARNING: Short chapter but I am going to update later this week. I just wanted to get something decent out as quickly as I could.

-MustacheNarwhalz
____________________________________________________________________

~Natsu's POV~

"A date."

Lucy stared at me as if I had grown Happy's ears, wings, and his tail. Which would never happen, might I add.

"A d-date?" She stuttered. Her fingers began curling around her blonde hair. She glanced down at her feet. "Y-you mean like a d-double date?"

Is that what it sounded like? Oh crap, she doesn't look to happy about the idea. Oh crap crap crap.

I shook my hands in front of my face. "Of course not! I only meant that those two need to go on a real date. I just assumed that they wouldn't do things right and would need people like us to....supervise them."

"Supervise them?" She dead panned. Her eyes drifted down to the dragon slayer that still hadn't said a word. He might be dead actually. "So we're going to be like babysitters. But for a date."

"Yes."

"You're an idiot."

"I know."

She groaned at my bluntness. I will only ever admit my stupidity to her, no one else. I would much rather die.

"Fine. I'll do it." Lucy mumbled into her hand. I could just barely see the pink blush that coated her cheeks.

A wild smile spread across my face. I began to leap into air as I began chanting, "You will? Really?" My childish side was clearly evident at the moment.

She giggled behind her hand and glanced over at the bluenette that was still hiding out in the kitchen. Levy peaked her head out from the door and said, "Snacks are almost ready,"

Lucy tugged on my scarf and pulled me down. She leaned forward, and I could feel her warm breath on my neck. She whispered into my ear, "Don't say anything, I have an idea." I quickly nodded before she released my scarf and turned towards the bustling girl coming towards us.

Levy was holding onto a rather large platter of miniature hot dogs that were accompanied by multiple bags of chips, much to my pleasure. She smirked at Lucy as she cooed, "Am I interrupting something?"

Lucy's cheeks were coated in a dull pink as she stuttered for words. After a moment of awkwardness, she reached towards the platter and grabbed onto a small bag of Lays and proceeded to chuck them at Levy's face. "S-shut up, Levy-chan!"

"I'm confused. What did she interrupt--" I was cut off by Lucy smacking her hand onto my mouth. She glared up at me and I glared right back.

"Nothing, she interrupted noth--EW NATSU!" She screeched and drew her hand away from my mouth. I grinned at her as she began frantically wiping her hand on my vest. "Did you just lick me?!"

I patted her head as she scrunched her face in disgust. "Of course I did. You should know by know that you shouldn't try to interrupt me while I am speaking."

"Asshole." She mumbled under her breath.

"Hey, I resent that!" I yelled at her, trying my hardest not to smile. Levy just laughed in the background as Lucy began pounding her fists into chest. "Luce, you punch like a kitten."

I immediately regretted that comment when I felt her foot slam into my shins. I groaned in pain as I toppled towards the floor. "Anyway," She continued while ignoring my constant moaning and complaining. I was dying over here, "Natsu and I were thinking that we should go out today, just the four of us."

"F-four of us?" Levy repeated her words. Her eyes trailed down to the still unconscious dragon slayer that was lying in front of the couch.

"Yes, the four of us. Now I was thinking that we could go eat at one of those little dinners or something. Maybe go to the arcade. Defiantly nowhere that these two could destroy something." She paused and sent a short glare towards myself.

I am not ashamed.

"So, what do you think?" She poked her best friend--well, best female friend.

"I-I dunno, Lu-chan."

"Aw, c'mon. He won't bite. Unless you're made of iron. Which you aren't..." Lucy said as she looped her arm over her Levy

"Nice observation, Luce. You should be a scientist." I grumbled as I pushed myself off of the ground so I could properly face the two girls. She raised her fist threateningly and I immediately closed my mouth.

"Alright I'll go. But only for you, Lu-chan." She smiled and patted Lucy's arm that was lying against her arm. She grinned and pulled the shorter girl into a tight hug.

"That's the spirit! And I promise that I'll buy you the new Percy Jackson book in one of those book stores." She squealed.

"Actually..." Levy quieted down and mumbled something to Lucy. Her eyes widened as she stared at Gajeel's limp body.

"W-wait, really? Why are you two not dating already?" Lucy yelled as she shook Levy in her arms.

"Lu-chan!" Levy's face turned a very bright red that reached all the way to her ears.

I laughed and held up my hand, "I have to agree on that one. You should just date him or he'll end up al alone forever."

"You're not helping!"

I scooted over to Gajeel's body and grabbed his face in one of my hands. I lifted it up and pointed it towards the girls. He was still out cold thankfully.

I changed my voice so that was doing my spot on impression of Gajeel. "Oh Levy, I love you so much! But I am just a big idiot who is so much weaker than Natsu, so I can't tell you my feelings. Please love me, Shrimp~"

"Natsu no!" Levy shrieked as I continued to make Metal Bolts say embarrassing things.

"Natsu yes!" Lucy yelled as our laughs filled the room. I really hope that he isn't going to wake up anytime soon.

_________________________________________________________________

I hade fun writing this chapter. I really did.

But seriously, imagine them doing this to Gajeel's unconscious body. How hilarious would that be.

Remeber this though: Anything is possible in Fairy Tail if Gray gets into a dance battle with Cancer, (That sentence sound pretty weird to outsiders, doesn't it?)

-MustacheNarwhalz