Chapter 1 ❥ Toko's Little World

"Get real, you rat! Byakuya will never love you." Junko shouted at Toko. 

꘎♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡꘎

When she supposedly heard it from Byakuya, Toko decided to change a bit for her love. He said he likes girls with some meat on their bones. She knew nobody was as hearty as Akane when it came to eating, especially meat. Not to mention the perfect figure Akane had, even with eating excessively. So every time she ate, she always ate with Akane. Sometimes she also exercised with her to maybe get the hourglass curves Akane had.

Although she strongly despised it, Toko also showered every day and took care of her hygiene, so Byakuya wouldn't "worry about her." Every once in a while she even put on light makeup,  accessories, or perfume. Then, she thought maybe she can get some beauty or fashion tips from Junko. She was a fashionista, after all. Toko decided she would seek advice from Junko the next day at Hope's Peak Academy.

Ring, ring. Toko's alarm went off. She slowly got up from her bed and turned it off, rubbing her eyes before adjusting her glasses on. Already running late for school, Toko hastily put on her uniform, grabbed her school bag, and leaped out the door as she was still putting her shoes on. 

Outside Toko's dorm was her friend Komaru, waiting for her like she always did. "Let's go, Toko! We're going to be late!" Toko shouted, "O-Okay, okay, Omaru!" Before Toko could run up to Komaru, Komaru already gave herself a headstart to school "Omaru, wait! Y-You know I-I'm not athletic!" 

They barely made it when the school gates were about to close. Both of them took a quick pause, panting. "Okay, I'll see you later, Toko," Komaru fixed herself and waved at her. Even though they went to the same school, Komaru didn't have a particular talent that can put her in the same class as Toko. "Yes. See you," Toko waved, then they parted ways. 

As she walked into the classroom, everybody was already there. She looked around for her sweet Byakuya and there he was, staring out the window. Toko giggled quietly to herself and went to her desk before their eyes could meet. Most of the time, Toko spent class time looking at the back of Byakuya's head, as she sat a couple of rows behind him, diagonally. Then the bell rang.

Once Toko finished packing her school bag and got up from her chair, she hesitantly walked over to Junko. "U-Uhm... Junko?" Toko nervously said. Junko would turn around in surprise "Oh, hello Toko!" she said, cheerily "Did you need something?"

"Actually, yes, I-I do," Toko gulped "I-I was wondering if y-you could give m-me some fashion or b-beauty tips." Junko knew why Toko asked her this, but she wanted to be annoying "Why?" Toko would inhale then exhale in reluctance, thinking of an excuse "B-Because I-I just want to l-look more girly and p-pretty... like you." 

Junko smiled "Aw, that's very sweet of you, even though I already knew that!" Junko said conceitedly, then grabbed her sling bag "Sure, why not? Let's go shopping! I need to get some things anyways." Before Toko could respond, Junko grabbed Toko's hand and ran out the door, with style, of course.

 After a couple of hours, they finished shopping and Junko glammed Toko. Toko smiled softly "T-Thanks, Junko. Now I maybe I-I will finally get noticed by M-Master Bya-" Toko paused, realizing she accidentally slipped the real reason to Junko. Junko's smile turned into a frown. Then, she smirked "Tsk." Toko's eyes widened and she looked up at Junko. 

"You think trying to change for Byakuya will make him automatically love you?" Junko scoffed. "I-" Junko went up into Toko's personal space "Get real, you rat! Byakuya will never love you." Junko shouted at Toko. Toko tried to deny what might be true, as she gritted her teeth and clenched her fist "No, y-you're wrong! He already l-loves me, it's just lover's quarrel-"

"Lover's quarrel my ass, Toko!" Junko laughed mockingly "No matter what you do, Byakuya's feelings will never change for you," Junko said in the purest sincerity. Toko thought that Junko was just joking, but she wasn't. "His feelings of disgust and hatred will never change for you," Junko laughed some more. "I mean, look at yourself! You're a hideous wretch, you smell bad, you're very unattractive, and most of all..." Junko walked over to Toko and pressed her forehead against Toko's "...you're a serial killer." 

That's it. Junko had hit the sensitive spot. Toko's eyes started to moisten and get watery, "No, y-you're wrong! That's G-Genocide Ja-" Junko rolled her eyes, "Yeah, but it doesn't change the fact you killed many people, but in a different personality." 

Toko started crying and wailed "A-Argh, you're r-right! I'm a monster! M-Master Byakuya will never l-love an ugly skank like m-me!" Junko made a fake sympathetic expression and said, "You poor thing, don't cry!" then she dared to wipe Toko's tears "Do Byakuya and yourself a humungous favor and get out of Byakuya's life. Trust me, it'll make you both feel a lot happier." Toko swatted Junko's hands off her face and ran away, still crying. 

As she ran off, she bumped into someone's chest, "Agh!" It was the person she wanted to see the least, for the first time. It was Byakuya. Byakuya, as always, made an irritated face and said: "Watch where you're going, you eyesore." Byakuya almost gasps when Toko looked up and he saw that she was crying. Not out of anxiety or nervousness, but because she was genuinely sad. Toko tightly gripped his suit but immediately let go and promptly wiped her face. She couldn't even look him in the eye when she said "I-I'm sorry... Togami," and continued to run off. 

'Togami? Did Fukawa just call me Togami?' Byakuya widened his eyes. Although Byakuya was glad Toko was using formalities as he wanted her to, he couldn't help but think 'She always calls me Master Byakuya or Byakuya-sama. That's strange.' Byakuya shook his head 'Oh, why do I even care?' Then, Byakuya continued walking. However, in the back of his head, he wondered why Toko was crying.