Chapter 5

Today was the day.

I couldn't help but feel imitated with the huge iron gates enclosing the mansion that stood in front of me. A water fountain was planted neatly in the center.

Everything was so majestic ... or expensive. I grimaced thinking of all the money thrown to build the marble pillars holding the structure of the house.

Again another reason I didn't like this family.

I took a deep breath before I rung the bell. I felt small and for a moment I despised myself, just waiting for someone to open the gates.

"Hello?" A voice called out. It took me a moment to realize that the voice was coming out of a voice machine.

"Hello?" I called back, feeling stupid talking to a box.

"Who is this?"

"Aliya Sherton. I'm here to tutor Danny Farwell?" It came out as more of a question.

The voice paused. "Oh, Farwell? I think you got the wrong house. The Farwell's are our neighbors. The house to your right."

"Oh," I blushed, "I'm sorry."

I found myself doubting that this regular looking house was the Farwell house. It looked... normal. I was determined not to make a fool of myself again as I knocked on the door.

"You're late."

Danny Farwell stood at the door with a preppy shirt and jeans on. His golden brown hair had the impression that it was naturally mused but I knew it was screaming "I spent 3 hours trying to make it perfect."

I struggled with a response. Momentarily I tried to cut back some sarcastic and intelligible remarks that immediately came to mind. In the end all I could come up with was a lame "Hello."

"Oh, being civilized today are we?" he asked with an amused expression.

"Don't think anything of it." I warned. "This is purely for the money."

"Straight -forward too." He chuckled.

"One hour, right?" I murmured fixing my watch so I could get out as soon as I could.

"What?"

"The tutoring thing is just an hour, right?"

"We can make it longer if you want." His eyes twinkled suggestively.

I cast him a distasteful frown. "Well just so you know 5 minutes already passed," I remarked.

"Could you do this problem for me?" he asked. He looked at me intently from across the table.

I looked at it for a second. "Yeah, give me a moment." I started working out the problem.

After a minute passed I glanced up to see if he was sleeping because he was so quiet.

To my surprise he was staring at me with a strange expression on his face.

"What are you doing?"

"Watching you do the problem," he answered with an innocent look on his face.

Something fishy is going on here.

"Okay then, do this problem." I shoved the paper and pencil towards him.

In less than a minute he had solved the problem.

"You're a great teacher," he smiled boyishly at me.

I frowned scanning his work. It was all right.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

I pulled out a folder out from his backpack.

My eyes widened. "You don't need a tutor! These are all perfect scores!" It all came together. Since he had all the same classes with me which were all advanced courses he had to be smart.

"What are you trying to pull?" I hastily looked for an escape.

"My dad thinks I need a tutor." He looked me directly in the eyes.

"Liar. Why don't you just show him your grades?" I retorted.

"Well -" He started.

"Anyways won't your 'pride' be ruined if you are tutored by me? I mean the great Danny Farwell is being tutored. It just doesn't make sense." I cut him off.

He looked at me with an amused expression. "Great Danny Farwell?"

"Oh, shut up."

I angrily grabbed my bag and started storming out of the room.

He caught me by the arm. "Why are you so mad?"

"I don't know!" I glowered at the place where he held me. "And let go of me."

"Aliya."

I froze for a second. The way he said my name was like a caress.

"What?"

"You're doing this for the money, right?"

I tilted my head to the side, debating. "So, basically you are blackmailing me with money to tutor you even though you don't really need any help?"

"Yeah." His eyebrows crinkled. "I guess so."

"Why?"

His eyes softened. "Like I said before, I want to be friends."

"You're incredible," I groaned. "Good bye."

I shut the door behind me.

                I had not officially told my mom that I had quit my 'job.' Neither Lizah nor Taylor knew about my previous predicament. I was perfectly content on having it stay that way.

I yawned as I made my way to the park bench. The jog had made me even more tired. The countless nights of staying up late studying and not sleeping have finally caught up to me.

I stretched out on the bench and stared out in the sky. It's going to rain soon. A storm most likely. Just a quick nap and I'll leave in time before the storm.

I let sleep consume me, vaguely aware that rain drops were starting to fall on my skin.

                I woke shivering violently as chills racked through my body.

I did not recognize my surroundings.

The bed I laid on was unfamiliar.

Blankets covered the entire length of my body. I tried to get up, fighting with my stubborn body but I could not find the strength to lift myself out of the bed.

Ugh. I was pathetic.

Woozy, I dug back into the nest of warmth. I was aware of the fever that I caught and though I was dying for something cool to rest my head on, I knew that I need to keep warm.

Burning up, I was unable to fall asleep.

"Aliya?" A sweet voice whispered my name gently. Compared to the loud ringing in my ears, I welcomed the softness of the voice.

I felt a hand on my forehead feeling the warmth of my head from fever. The same hand pressed a cool towel against my forehead. Sighing, I was grateful for the relief.

 I reached out to that comforting voice and my hand unconsciously tugged on the person to whom the voice belonged to. The person sat on the bed right next to me and pulled me closer like an embrace.

Murmuring incoherent things, I inhaled the person's scent savoring in the fresh, cool scent. I buried myself deeper into the warmth of those arms and comforting smell.

I feel asleep content with the person stroking my hair.

_____________________________________________________________________

A/N

People I just wanted to remind you that this is a fiction story and that if you ever find yourself at a stranger's house, please do NOT stay. Leave immediately. 

HAHA anyways I hoped you enjoyed the story so far. 

Vote. 

Comment.