Chapter 4 - Cold night

Stretching out your arms you roll over and cuddle up against the source of warmth in the bed. Sunshine peeks through the window and onto your face. Your eyes flutter open and land on the source of heat. Sherlock. Blushing crimson you seem to stare at his peaceful face for ages. "You might as well take a picture," scrambling away you apologise over and over. "It's alright," he sits upright, the blanket falling off his chest. You glance down and see he was shirtless. "Sorry, sleeping in a shirt isn't comfortable,"

"T-that's alright," you look out the window and see the New York skyline gleaming. You sense Sherlock getting closer

"Did you sleep well?" Goosebumps run across your skin as you feel Sherlocks grin.

"Y-yes," he chuckles lowly making your heart beat quicken.

"Were you... comfortable?" You gulp and nod. "That's good," you hear him chuckle as he buttons up his shirt and goes for the door. "Coffee?" You nod again causing him to grin. "Well then you better go get some," he then closes the door behind him. Oh god... that was- what was that? Was he just teasing?

"Morning," spinning around to the door you see Natasha leaning against the door frame.

"Morning,"

"How are you feeling?" Quirking a brow you remember the events from the day before.

"Oh, yeah, I'm actually feeling good... what happened?" You walk over to the kitchen with Nat.

"You nearly died," you turn to her quickly. "Yeah, punctured lung, broken bones,"

"How am I still alive?!" She chuckles and points at Loki in the corner of the living room, reading a book. "Oh... right,"

"And you and I are shopping, bring your boys, Tony gave us his card," nodding you walk towards their rooms with a grin. Finally you were getting clean clothes, you were tired of wearing SHIELD clothing, and so were the boys, John was fine though, he was very low maintenance. Knocking on each door quickly they all come out into the hall way.

"We are going shopping!" Jim's tired eyes were replaced with eager ones.

"No more of these scrubs?!" You nod and he runs into his room, coming out soon fully dressed. Everyone did the same and soon you were all in the car on the way to the department store.

~~~

"It's outrageous!" Rolling your eyes Moriarty glowers as he held his suits that were 'horrible quality compared to Westwood'.

"Shut up or I'll skin you,"

"Feisty," Jim smirks at your blush.

"Back to the tower?" Nat nods, starting up the car. The ride was short and soon everyone was up on the floor, walking past the lounge you see Loki still in his spot. Parting from the group you walk up to him, his face still faces the book when his eyes gazed up slightly. "Hi,"

"Hello, lady Y/n,"

"Hi,"

"Hello,"

"Hi- Wait I've said that," he chuckles and nods. "Right, I just wanted to say thanks for... you know, saving my life,"

"You're very welcome," you give him a thankful smile, slowly his eyes dart to your lips and he stands up swiftly, taking you in his arms and kissing you sweetly. "Lady Y/n?" You hum. "Lady Y/n!" Eyes back in focus you see Loki waving a hand in your face.

"What? Oh! Sorry,"

"That's alright, anything in particular you were thinking about?" Pink dusted your cheeks as you quickly shake your head. "Right, anything else I can help you with?"

"No, sorry, I'll let you get back to your book," he nods as you walk away flustered at your thoughts.

~~~

Looking to your left you lay eyes on the time.

1:30 AM

Have you really been up that long? You hadn't been writing notes or anything, you were just laying in bed staring at the ceiling, listening to the muffled bustle of midnight New York. Quietly walking out the door your feet move you towards the balcony of the tower. There was a bench situated out there, looking over the busy city. This was nothing like London, London was quiet after midnight, but what else is expected from 'the city that never sleeps'.

"Can't sleep?" You jump off the bench and face the person who had startled you.

"Oh, yeah, guess tonight is extra busy," placing yourself back in your spot, Moriarty chuckles and sits next to you. "Miss your network yet?"

"Only Seb, but I guess he was the best person to deal with clients while I'm gone," looking at the Criminal you notice he was wearing simple plain clothing, joggers, shirt and a jumper.

"Now that I think of it, I haven't ever seen you in casual clothing, of course not counting your disguises," he lets out a laugh and looks down at his shirt.

"Yes, well I can't exactly wear a suit to bed. And we all know I would if I could,"

"Can't risk wrinkling your precious Westwood!" You tease, he rolls his eyes with a grin. "What is it?"

"What?"

"You're thinking, very loudly might I add," sighing he looks sadly at the view.

"I just... never mind, it's nothing,"

"Jim, you can tell me," his weary eyes look up at you.

"I just... it's really hard not to murder someone in this tower," your face falls as you slap his head playfully.

"You moron, I thought it was serious!" He chortles and continues.

"It is! I just need to put a bullet in that Mr America's head," groaning you slap his head again, however this time he catches your hand mid air. "Ah, ah, we don't want to keep doing that do we?" You gulp as his grin widens. Lurking closer to you, you couldn't see any colour in his eyes... it was- luring? Attractive? As your cheeks burn he lets go if your hand and smirks, satisfied with your reaction.

"You're an asshole,"

"Takes one to know one," you snort and shake your head, nudging him slightly. "I may go to bed, you coming?" You shake your head.

"I may stay out a little longer..." a sudden shiver passes through you causing your mouth to jitter.

"Alright," feeling a warm fabric being placed over your shoulders you look up and see Moriarty leaving. With a grateful smile you continue to look out at the lights glossing the city.

~~~

 *in Alex brightman's beetlejuice voice* you are

*in Alex brightman's beetlejuice voice* you are... adorable

- Anna ❤️