Doctor's Orders

Reyna's POV

Getting Nico to his room was easy.

Getting him in his bed was not.

Problem number one? He was dirty and bloody, and his clothes were in tatters.

"Shadow! Come here." I commanded.

"I'm right behind you, Dilexisti." Shadow responded.

"You don't have to– oh, never mind. Just find me some clean clothes that would for him." I said with a sigh.

Shadow was gone in a flash, and I got to work.

His cloak was in shreds, so I just drew my knife and cut it away.

Underneath was a simple black shirt and pants that weren't in much better shape.

I sighed again and carefully cut off his shirt.

Some of the cuts and gashes had fabric stuck to them, and I had to peel it away with shaking hands.

Shadow darted back into the room, panting, but clutching a set of black pants and a black tee shirt.

"Found some. And there black. And clean." Shadow managed.

Shadow helped me bind Nico's cuts, and redress him, but then we had a brand new issue.

His broken bones.

We had to rebreak his ankle before we could splint it, and it made an awful splintering noise. I shuddered.

His arm was a bit easier. We had to align the bones again, and wrapped it in tight binds. We put it in a sling, and moved on to our biggest issue.

Nico's wings.

They were broken and lacerated in to many places to count. He had already lost a lot of blood, and it still oozed steadily.

I swallowed the bile that rose in my throat as I looked at them.

"I can't do anything for his wings. I'm teleporting back to the palace, and getting Sanator." I said and rose shakily.

Shadow didn't argue. Actually, he didn't say a word.

It took me two tries, but I opened a portal back to Planet Chaos.

Technically it was 'Utopia', but it was always called Planet Chaos. The main city where the palace was is named Utopia, too.

Creative, I know.

I dashed straight through the gates of the palace, not bothering to push them open. Instead I did my best pole vaulting flip and opened my wings mid air. I flew straight over the gates and hit the ground at a dead sprint.

Inside, I ran to the medical wing and found Sanator, the universes best doctor.

Senator was a middle-aged guy from a distant planet. His skin was a pale blue, his eyes were a bright sky blue, and his hair was neon blue. He was an expert an all things medicine.

He looked pretty startled when I burst into his room.

"Dilexisti! Why have you returned so early? Oh Chaos! You're covered in blood!" Sanator exclaimed.

"Huh? What? Oh, no. That's not my blood. Its Archangels! I need you to come with me. And be prepared." I begged and pulled him to his feet.

Senator didn't argue. Instead he grabbed his bag and waited as I snapped open a portal.

Then we both jumped through.

____________________________________

We appeared in Nico's room in the Big House.

The room had pale creme walls, an old oak floor, a dresser, and a pegasi down bed.

Shadow had somehow managed to maneuver Nico onto the bed, where he lay, wings up, and still completely unconscious.

Or so I thought.

As soon as Sanator approached, bag in hand, Nico spoke.

"You brought Sanator here? I'm not in that bad of shape. I mend fast." Nico muttered, though his eyes never opened.

"Yes, you are in that bad of shape. So shut up and let the doctor do his thing." I commanded.

Nico fell silent.

Sanator gently touched the worst of the two wings. Even half conscious, Nico flinched.

"How in Chaos did this happen?" Sanator asked, eyes wide.

So I began to tell him, while he bound the lacerations on Nico's wings and carefully set the bones in place with a brace. One of them was, indeed, dislocated, and Sanator put it back in place with a sickening pop.

I finished with him burning Order, us finding him, and bringing him back.

"My gods. Admittedly, that does sound like something he would do. Ever for the dramatic heroics, huh?" Sanator said with a sad kind of tone.

"Oh, shut up Sanator. I can hear you. Not dead yet, you know." Nico muttered, making us both jump.

"Holy Chaos! You're going to give me a heart attack!" I breathed, then glared at him. "And quit talking like that. You are not going to die." I scolded.

"I know." Nico replied, but he sounded unsure and exhausted.

"If you die, I am going to slap you, then I'll bring you back from the dead just so that I can kill you myself." I threatened.

Sanator checked the braces on Nico's wings once more.

"Well, I personally wouldn't slap him just yet, or you may end up knocking the bones out of place again. Archangel, I forbid you to do anything besides bedrest for the next forty eight hours. Dilexisti, make sure he does. Doctor's orders." Sanator ordered, packing up his bag.

"I've left a stock of ambrosia, nectar, and unicorn draught on the bedside table. Take some of each at regular intervals. Now, if you please, would you open a portal for me, Dilexisti?" Sanator asked.