28: Check List

First upload of 2011!

_______________________

"Awh Theo, I'm going to miss you!" I gave him a kiss on the cheek and a hug. 

"I'll miss you too Edge. Do me a favour and... Well... Say bye to Gabriel for me?"

I smiled. "Sure thing." He squeezed me but I flinched. "Ouch, my muscles still hurt."

He pulled back and frowned. "What the hell did you get up to Sunday?"

I mentally scowled. Tristan worked my ass off! When he said payback I was expecting him to make me wait on him hand and foot for an hour or two. But no! You know what he did?

He made me train with him. As in the whole deal! Push ups, sit ups, pull ups, sprinting, lunges, dumbbells and star jumps... I wanted to die afterwards. I barely made it home in one piece. It lasted the rest of the day in his back yard. Gabriel watched from the side hiding his grin behind a newspaper.

My muscles burned like hell and I swear I lost like, five pounds. I'm not one of those crazy bitches that starve themselves, I prefer to eat and maybe put on the tinniest bit of meat in the right places. But now Tristan, the a-hole, made me loose that meat!

My dad finished putting the suitcases in the back of his trunk and looked at his watch. "Alright, it's 5am and their flight is in an hour and a half so let's get moving."

I hugged Theo one last time and moved on to Aunt Sheryl. She gave me huge hug and sniffed. "We'll call you when we land."

I tried to ignore the stinging at the back of my eyes. It felt like they'd only got here yesterday. 

I was 'allowed', if that's the right word, to miss school yesterday to spend a day with Theo and Aunt Sheryl. Anthony and I had a day with them. Sheryl wanted to jump off cliffs but we decided to drive down to a simple theme park. Well, if simple means a 50mph roller coaster, then what the hell was complex?

"I'll miss you Aunt Sheryl." My voice betrayed me and cracked on her name.

She patted my back with a chuckle. "Don't worry sweetie. We won't be gone for as long next time, okay?"

I nodded and kept my head down as she walked toward the car. Theo kissed my forehead and opened the car door. I watched the car drive down the driveway and waved as it turned the corner. I really was going to miss them. 

Ant slung his arm over my shoulders and an arm around our mother's waist. We walked up the drive and into the kitchen for an early breakfast. I still had to go to school later which sucked. I had study hall half of the day on a Tuesday, Chemistry and English Language.

Honestly, I wanted to get back to bed but I'd have to wake up soon enough.

My brother and I sat at the island in silence. Our mother served out the bacon, eggs and toast and sat with us. Her lips curved into a small smile and her green eyes turned soft as she said, "Cheer up you two. You'll see them again."

Ant scoffed. "I know. I'm not sad."

I took a huge bite of the crispy bacon and eggs and narrowed my eyes at Anthony. He turned his gaze from me and stared down at his food. 

"I won't miss them." He mumbled.

"Oh, hush sweetheart," My mother said. "Don't delude yourself. You enjoyed Theo and Aunt Sheryl's company and vice versa."

He shook his head. "I'm glad to be rid of them."

I laughed. "Liar."

He continued to mumble under his breath as he ate his breakfast. 

A horrible knot suddenly formed in the back of my neck. I rolled my left shoulder and turned my neck to the right until it clicked.

"Oh my-- Alex, what did you get up to on Sunday?" Mom asked me with a gasp.

"Gym." I replied.

She shook her head. "You shouldn't work yourself so hard."

I didn't have a choice, I thought. After breakfast I walked into my room to start a slow process of getting ready. It was only five thirty so I still had time. 

I drew myself a bath and threw in some of the bath salts from my sink cupboard. I stripped from my pyjamas and stepped inside the hot steaming water.

I stretched my legs and sighed letting the hot water soothe my aching muscles. I shut my eyes and let my mind wander. I took a moment to evaluate my interesting life. I took everything that had happened to me in the last 8 weeks and compared it to everything that has happened to me in my entire life.

I'm pretty sure my life could become a very action and drama filled movie. At least that way I could keep up with what has happened. In truth and honesty I have probably forgotten half of the things I had learnt about Gabriel and myself. 

I just feel that I used to revolve with the world. That everything happened with me and I understood what was right. But now, I feel that the world is revolving without me. I'm stuck and confused. I don't understand what's right from wrong anymore.

If it weren't for that date with Tommy, I wouldn't have found out about Gabriel's powers. After that incident, I realized, nothing leading up to this day would have even happened. Well, apart from the fact that I will turn into something or someone important. 

But I wouldn't be with Gabriel. 

I wouldn't of discovered our true feelings toward each other. I wouldn't be with him like I am now. I wouldn't have experienced our first real kiss in the forest. 

I hadn't told my mom, dad or brother about us yet. But for some reason I think my mom knows something's going on. He came over yesterday after school and she kept giving me one of those, "I know what you did last summer" looks. I was getting a little freaked out by it.

I opened my eyes and lifted up my left arm. From my hand up to my forearm the rash, if that's what I can call it, was calming down. It was still rough and it still looked vile but it was calming down.

That worried me.

For the past 8 weeks it'd been getting worse and worse. Now that it's calming down, it makes me wonder how close I am to changing. What would happen during this Penultimate Stage and the Final Stage? Will it hurt? How long do the stages last for?

I dropped my hand and shook my head. What gets me is that no one will explain to me what I'll be. I'm still trying to remember half of the things they explained to me and what I've learnt.
Maybe if I write them down...

I could just imagine the little light bulb clicking on above my head. A small smile curved my lips. I should write everything down.