chapter 2| highs and lows

Olivia POV

I got out of the cab and walked towards the dance studio. Before Mom and Dad starting having huge fights Mom used to come and watch my best friends José and Sophia and I  perform here but now I guess she's going through a tough time. But I shouldn't complain because some children I guess can't afford to go to dance studios and Diana let's me go to her studio whenever I want as long as I help her teach the younger ones ballet. I put on my leotard and tutu then tied my satin ballet shoes and dipped them In chalk.The only types of dance I can do are Ballet and hip hop but in January Mom and Dad took me to NY to show me where they grew up and I saw people dancing and expressing themselves through it in such original and amazing ways and that has inspired me so much. I got my phone and plugged it into the speakers and put on Mona Lisa from my Moms album that was being released in a couple of weeks. This is really weird but when I dance or am trying to calm down I always listen to my moms voice because it always soothes me. I remember when I was little and when I cried she would pick me up and sing to me as I listened to her heartbeat, I really wish shed do that now. As the music  infurled around me I closed my eyes and Forgot about everything and leaped , span, sommeesaulted and danced until the music stopped leaving the room empty.

I after changing back into my past outfit and began to walk to the  bustop. I stopped at olive garden on the way back and got something for Mom to eat as all of our house staff are away on breaks. I ate some olives and ate some lettuce leafs from the bag she (when I feel anxious I don't really eat much) then got onto the bus as it pulled up. Mom hasn't told the public and the media about me being her daughter yet, she planned to tell them this month (hence why she took a month break from work) but I don't think its happening anymore so I guess the only people who know are my family and friends.

As the bus stopped near my neighborhood I walked for 15 minutes then typed in the code for our house and entered. I wrinkled up my nose "it smells like uncle Wayne's studio in here (of weed)"  As I approached My moms room the smell of weed became stronger. Mom sat on the bed smoking a blunt. "Oh hai liddle ladybug what's your name?" She asked cackling manically. "Mom are you high?" I said dissapointedly. "Shhhh can I tell you a secret?" "I am just a little bit well not a little bit a lot actually" she giggled. Mom never really took drugs other than now and another time when she and Dad had a heated argument so when she did she reacted terribly to them. "Mom I don't think I should stay here when it stinks of weed" I stated slowly. "What weed?" She said confused. "Oh this weed" she giggled "yeah I forgot about that I think you should stay with someone else maybe those kids you know?" "What were their names again, Sosè and Jophia?". "No mom Josè and Sophia" I stated impatiently. "Well okay bye bye my sugar plum" she said leaning in for a kiss. I dodged it and began to pack for school tomorrow and for whoever's house I would be staying at I didn't want to leave my Mom in case she needed me but I refuse to get a contact high and end up in hospital.

I then walked outside shut the door and immediately recieved a call from Dad. "Hi princess" he said  "hi" I replied. "Um, is your Mom OK?" He asked nervously. "No. no thanks to you Dad for leaving and making her hate me" is what I wanted to say but instead I gave him a blunt "Mhmm". "Look listen Dad do you think I could stay with you tonight?" "I-". "Look Liv I'm really sorry but I can't tonight okay?". "Okay dad" I sighed. "Bye" I hung up without waiting for a response". I then called Jose and Sophia. "Hi guys can I come over to your house tonight?" I asked. "Uh Duh of course you can". "Okay great thanks"  "it's dark out so I'll pick you up and take you to my house" said Sophia. "Actually its both of our houses" said Josè. "I'm older tho" Sophia laughed "bruh 14 years of this shit" tutted José. "Hot messes, but Okay bye" I laughed . "bye," they said back "and liv?". Hmm I replied "you sound really down are you OK?" "I'll tell you later okay?" I said before hanging up. A couple of minutes later Sophia and Jose's mom (played by sofia vergara) arrived in her car. I sat down in the chair and greeted her. "Chica are you OK?" She asked me in her Spanish accent. " just a couple of things going on at home o said" sadly. "She unbuckled her seatbelt and pulled me into a hug and I cried into her chest until I became tired and pulled away. "Don't cry" she said sympathetically,  dabbing my cheeks "you're too pretty to cry" she smiled sadly at me. "If you ever need to talk to me my door is always open" she smiled. We then drove listening to the radio, when my mom came on she looked at me with uncertainty whether to change it or not "keep it on, please?" I whipered . " it relaxes me" I stated.  She did as told and I fell asleep soon after.

"I woke up as we arrived at Sophia and José's house  I stretched and walked into the house. "Omg hiii bew" said Josè. "LIV" greeted Sophia. "Ahora no dejarla domir ella tenía un mail día" said Mrs Garcia (Josè and Sophia's Mom) Even though I have no idea what it meant they stopped talking after that. "Goodnight" I told them " I'm really tired right now but I'll speak to you in the morning, I love you both" I said before hugging them."we understand get your beauty rest." They laughed hugging me back (I love my best friends so much). I crawled into the spare bed in Sophias bedroom (I suppose Josè will sleep in here tonight too) and closed my eyes. As I began to fall asleep that night I thought to myself; why am I so uptight?, why do I always take it upon my self to make everyone else but myself happy?, why does mom hate me? And most importantly what could I do to make her haply again?...