Author's Note.

I was thirteen years old when I started writing 'Do You Know Indigo?'. I'm now twenty five and even though I don't believe my writing skills have massively improved or matured I do think it might be time to revisit and re-write. 

I may not be in love with the every concept, character or plot-line I conceived for this story but I still believe in what I was writing and respect the voice and ambitions of my teenage self. There was clearly a huge part of me that thought it was important and necessary to write this story. 

Mental health and the fragility of it plays a huge role in this story and is embodied by the paranormal elements within it. I do not believe my teenage self, though struggling with her own mental health, addressed the hugely important topic well enough. I am not sure my current self could do a better job but I think it is important to try. I'm a massive advocate for the importance of mental health and talking about it. I know that my own mental health can be unpredictable and terrifying at times. But I know I am not alone. You are not alone. 

These books, as it stands, are currently unedited but chapters, in time, will be rewritten and will have a date to say so at the the beginning - just so you know whether teenage or adult Bekah had a hand in writing them. 

I hope that these books help someone out there as much as writing them down helped me. Emotions on a page, lived out through fictional characters are far less scary than trapped inside your head. 

Happy reading. Much love. 

Bekah.