chapter 8 - fight for the yacht

Panic was settling in as Y/n frantically reached for her Ghost comlink. Worried for Meowscles' fate, she stumbled to turn it on, "Tina! Maya! Shadow agents are here and they're planning to murder Meowscles!" she said quickly.

"What?! Does anyone have eyes on Mew?" Maya asked.

"Negative," Y/n and Tina both replied. "Where could he be!" Y/n groaned, looking around as she ran through the outer decks of the Yacht. "We can't let him be found. We've got to find some way of contacting him."

"I know, Y/n," Maya sighed, "This is more difficult than I thought. We're gonna need backup. I'm afraid Shadow is planning something bigger than we thought."

I should've warned them.

"No need, ladies. I figured you'd need an extra teammate," a cool male voice was heard over the comlink.

"Boss? What are you doing on this line?" Tina asked, confused.

"You guys were down a squadmate. No one else could go, so I decided to go myself," Midas replied.

Y/n's heartbeat sped up as she realized, not only would she be fighting her own team, her new "boss" would be watching her.

Great.

"Thank you for helping, Midas!" Y/n responded, turning a corner and ramming head first into another henchmen.

"Watch where you're-!"

"Y/n?" Midas asked, taking the henchmen mask off. Y/n gasped when she realized who she ran into was Midas. "Mi-Boss! I'm so sorry, I didn't realize-"

"Come," Midas grabbed her hand and they quickly ran inside the Yacht. "How you holding up? I know you probably weren't expecting this as your first mission," Midas frowned.

Y/n took off her mask and bit her lip, shaking her head no. "Not exactly, no. But I'm doing okay. I'm just really, really nervous for Meowscles. I don't want him hurt," Y/n looked down.

Midas put his hand on her shoulder gently, "He won't be hurt. I promise we'll all make it out of this alive."

Y/n nodded, smiling faintly before it faded quickly, walking past him to view the security TV screen on the wall. It showed the entrance to the vault - and three familiar faces.

"What are Deadpool and Agent Giller doing?" Midas took notice and walked over, crossing his arms. "That's Oblivion- oh my God!" Y/n gasped, connecting the dots. "Oblivion is trying to help them get into the Vault!"

"That traitor!" Midas' fists tightened, his fingertips slowly turning gold as the golden waves slowly slid up his body. "He's working with the enemy."

His words made her shrink, "Didn't Tina let you know what I saw this morning?" Y/n bit her lip, looking up at her. Midas looked down at her angrily, "No? What did you see?" He quickly grabbed her shoulders and looked down at her, causing her to squeak, "He— He told me to watch my back, and not get in the way of his plan! I told Tina almost right after, she said she'd—"

"Ohh, why didn't you tell me instead?!" He snapped at her, letting go of her as gold began to slowly trickle up his arms. She gasped in shock as she took notice of how his body, once a pale white had now slowly turned into solid gold.

Holy shit.

"Meowscles couldve been safer sooner if you had told me right when you heard! God, I'm gonna kill that bastard," he growled in frustration. His voice was dark - laced with anger and hatred. Y/n hadn't realized he could literally turn gold - and in a way, she found it strangely attractive.