bernard, marriage 1

DEAREST,
reader

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

To say that Sonata Hiririgari, the right hand man—or woman—of Misaki Rinko, was absolutely smitten with the Head Chairman of the Orion Foundation, was definitely the understatement of the year.

Misaki Rinko was the future CEO of the Misaki Business Empire, and at such a young age, she was already being trained in handling the ropes of business management. Sonata Hiririgari on the other hand, was Misaki Rinko's manager and personal assistant, tasked with handling businesses that the young mistress of the Misaki household, could not handle.

She's been serving the young mistress for five long years, and Sonata has already been taken well at the company, enough for her to find it hard to leave the company and find another. It was at this job, that Sonata met Bernard Girikanan.

They first met at a party hosted by Misaki Rakusho, the current CEO of the Misaki businesses, and Sonata had overheard the various complaints voiced out by Bernard Girikanan about his arranged marriage, over at the balcony.

"Excuse me?" Sonata called, gaining the attention of the white haired businessman as she approached him. "Oh, I'm sorry, uhm, is there something wrong?" Bernard had asked, immediately feeling embarrassed for himself.

'Did she hear me complaining?' He wondered to himself, embarrassed that he let someone─a woman like her especially─see him loose face. Sonata found her place standing beside him as she breathed in the crisp, evening air. "I should be asking you that. You seem to be distressed, why are you not enjoying yourself at the party inside? I heard Mr. Misaki throws the best parties." Bernard sighed as he turned his attention towards the scenery before them.

"It's nothing to worry about." He took a brief pause, before looking at her, a smile now on his face. "My name is Bernard Girikanan, I don't think we've met before?" Chuckling, Sonata replied, "I'm pretty sure we've never met before. I am Sonata, Sonata Hiririgari, I work for the young mistress, Misaki Rinko."

"Ah, Miss Rinko is a very bright, young girl, and she's about the same age as my younger brother." Stated the young Girikanan. "Yes, and very pleasant to work with as well." Sonata added, she looked down at the drink she held on one hand, a frown now settled upon her face.

"Is that not a good thing?" He asked, noticing the subtle change in her demeanor. "It is! But she can be a bit reckless at times, and I worry for her." Sonata began, now leaving her glass of red wine to rest upon the balcony railing as she looked towards the night sky. "Her sister is getting married in a few months and the young lady will certainly miss her older sister."

"Why are you worried? She has you, doesn't she?" Sonata smiled softly, now looking into Bernard Girikanan's soft, yet intense eyes. "If only it were that simple." She sighed, silence now falling upon them. "Well, I'm getting married in a few months as well." Bernard mentioned.

"To whom?"

"To Misaki Aira." Bernard scowled, his hands curling into fists. He was clearly displeased with his betrothed, 'to Miss Aira? why, though?' is what Sonata asked to herself. As far as she's concerned, Misaki Aira─none other than the eldest daughter of Misaki Rakusho, and the older sister of her young mistress─is a kind and compassionate woman, but she's only barely above the term average compared to other women. In terms of looks, and personality at least.

But she's fiercely loyal and protective of her family, and she's also an amazing cook! But of course, Bernard didn't know that, so Sonata could now see why Bernard was displeased with her. Of course he didn't want to get married to her, she was only 'average' compared to him.

But what could he do? Irina Girikanan and Misaki Reina were the best of friends since their childhood days, it was only fair that they wanted their children to be the same. If their first borns were the same gender, they'd be best friends, but if they were of opposite genders, then they would be married.

'Parents are weird like that.' Was what Misaki Aima, twin brother to Misaki Aira, usually said. It didn't help that they were both the wives of two of the most successful and influential men in the entire world.

"You would rather marry someone else?" Sonata asked. "Yes! I mean, marriage is a lifelong commitment, if I were to choose whom to spend the rest of my life with, it'd certainly not be her." Bernard ranted angrily before turning to look at Sonata, his deep blue eyes seemingly putting her in a trance.

"But it's your mother's will, is it not? And besides, Miss Aira is the nicest woman I know, I believe she will be an amazing wife for you if only you gave her a chance." Sonata didn't know why she was doing this, perhaps it was her sense of duty towards the Misaki family. But as she tried to convince the successful, young businessman of the Orion Foundation, she felt as if she was doing something wrong.

The thought went off as fast it came as Bernard spoke again, "If I were to marry someone, I'd marry anyone but her, rather, someone like you perhaps." Sonata's face heated up at his words, yet it seemed like he hadn't noticed the things he uttered to her, as he was looking at her confusedly.

"You seem flustered. Was it something I said?" Sonata turned her head away in an attempt to hide her embarrassment. She was about to answer, when she suddenly heard the familiar call of her young mistress, "Sonata! There you are." Sonata couldn't have been more relieved, her young mistress always comes in her time of need. "Miss Rinko, did you need something?" She immediately walked towards her as she tried to whisk the young girl away.

"Wait! Ms. Hiririgari, I hope we can meet again?" Bernard asked, a hopeful look on his eyes.

"I'm sorry Sir, but I have to go." Sonata quickly grabbed Rinko's arm as she tried her best to escape the white haired man. "Wait!" Bernard called. He approached her before taking her hand and placing a small, pocket sized card in her palm. He leaned into her ear and whispered, "Call me." Before pulling away and giving her a small wink.

"Who on earth...?" The young, thirteen year old stared at the strange, white haired man in confusion, before the said man walked away. "He looks like that one guy who would leave you alone at an amusement park so he could be with someone else and do it again." Rinko snickered.

Sighing, Sonata brought the young girl inside as she began complaining about things Sonata couldn't care to pay attention to. She was too engrossed with the thought of that man.

'Bernard Girikanan.' She thought. 'Who on Earth are you?'

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

✎ ...𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄
          i can't remember who requested this i'm
          sorry ;-; i also couldn't find the request
          that was made, so when i looked back
          to check sonata's personality, it was
          gone... ehm, i can't really remember her
          personality either soo... i decided to
          just... go with the flow! i'm not even
          sure about her name, i just
          remembered sonata, then i
          remembered i wrote the request on my
          notes app, then I also remembered that
          i only wrote her name, so yeah... but!

          bernard was a little bit ooc, yes, but on
          the part 2 I'll try harder! yes, there is a
          part 2.

          anywho, hope y'all enjoyed, and don't
          forget, every form of support is
          appreciated! thank you!!

𝐏𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃
05 / 10 / 20