45. 𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙨𝙩 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙤𝙣

"Wait, you're telling me all day you just wanted to sleep and now you want to go swimming at twelve pm?" I asked the boy who was giving me pleading eyes.

"Obviously." He rolled his eyes sarcastically.

"I'm tired though. I wanted to swim all day and you didn't even bother to get up." I buried my face in a pillow and groaned into it.

"But I'm not tired anymore." I lifted me face off the pillow and looked at him. He held a huge grin on his face.

"You would be if you weren't on your game since like five in the morning." I gave him a sarcastic smile.

"You wouldn't be if you were up at five with me." He returned the sarcasm.

I rolled my eyes at Vinnie and laid my head back down.

If it wasn't noticeable before, we spent the whole day inside. Vinnie thought it was a great idea to stay up all night playing Call of Duty. I don't blame him, I mean it's summer time.

I just didn't know he would want to sleep must the day. I had went to sleep way before him, probably around one or two in the morning.

Now, at twelve am, he wants to go swimming. I know he won't let me sleep like I wanted to. I also didn't feel like arguing about it until the sun came up. So instead, I let out a long exasperated groan before getting up.

"I'm gonna change." I said once I bent down to my suitcase. I rummaged through it until I found my two piece in the mess of clothes.

"Yes!"

I changed in the bathroom and waited outside his door until he opened it. I didn't want to go in and see something I shouldn't.

I quickly grabbed my phone once he opened the door and followed right after him going downstairs.

I don't mind swimming at night, but it sure felt weird when everyone else was asleep. It kind of felt illegal.

I hadn't noticed Vinnie grabbed towels until I saw him set them down on the chair.

"Turn on the light, Mars." I stop walking and backtrack to the door and turn the light on. I close the door behind me.

"Lights on." I said walking up to the pool.

I get suspicious when there isn't a response and I could feel the fear rise. I just know he's going to scare me and nothing can prepare me for it.

"Vinnie." I said in more of a whisper. After no response I speak again. "It's too late for this. I'm not playing dude, come on."

I look around, but the light wasn't that bright from where I was standing.

"Okay, you're scaring me, I'm goin—" I was cut short when arms wrapped around me and I screamed. My mouth was filled with water the minute I was in the pool.

Once I reached the surface I began coughing. I swam to side of the pool and lifted my arms on the side to hold me up as I choked on straight chlorine water.

I could hear Vinnie laughing behind me before his presence was at my side.

"You're such a dick." I said as I splashed water in his face. I had finally gained my composure and pushed myself from the side of the pool. "I almost had a heart attack and drowned at the same time."

"You didn't though."

"I almost did, asshole."

"Look, I wasn't going to do it. I had changed my mind, but then you called me dude." He moved towards me. Amusement was written all over his face.