Chapter 1

THEO

"Keep running, Thomas." I grabbed his collar and dragged him off the ground, ducking the bullets flying at us as we scamper through the high fields, hiding then running when they find us again.

Cara is running away ahead of us, half-naked and bloodied, screaming as we catch up with her. "Don't slow down, Cara!" Thomas yelled at her when she started giving up, accepted defeat.

Believe it or not, Cara saved us.

She snuck down the basement of the hangar, slipped Thomas a key, eyed us both as we glared at her beaten form, lacerations over her back and bruises between her thighs. My dad had found her days after she left us, kept her in his office like a dog and had his way with her, recorded her and let some of his men join.

Thomas was oblivious to this information and even threatened to kill them all when he cradled her in his arms.

The fucker even took his coat off and gave it to her.

I would have called her bluff if I hadn't seen the evidence over her body, the Polaroids he had over his desk of not only Cara but many others.

I spotted a picture of Zara and I momentarily froze, lifting it up with a shaking hand to see her on a bed, no clothes on and she looks like she's crying.

This was from when my dad had her.

Did her touch her?

She's never mentioned it?

I'll kill him.

When my dad returned, an hour after Grace fucked us over, he laughed at the sight before him, called us pigs and admitted to being the biological father of us both.

His words that made Thomas flip are still burning in my mind. Your mum was a screamer, just like Theo's.

We didn't have time to wait around for him returning from whatever he was doing with half his men, we went to his office, grabbed as many guns as we could, spotting his collection of sick, twisted photographs, burning them along with his office and shooting our way out.

We haven't spoken, Thomas and I. I don't know what to say, do or act.

I want to put a bullet through his skull, torture him or let my fists take control.

But the idea that I have a brother, even if he is the biggest prick in the world, stopped me from attacking him.

I hate him.

I hate him so fucking much.

I watched him fall apart next to me, sobbing so much my ears were ringing and I told him to shut the fuck up. All he kept saying on repeat was sorry.

Again, I don't buy into any bullshit anymore. I need to concentrate on getting back to Zara and Teddy, grabbing my family and protecting them.

Zara will know what to do about Thomas, about the revelation that he is my fucking brother.

I need her.

Panic hits me when I see Thomas go down after a gunshot, I stopped, aimed my gun and shot the guard repeatedly until I reached Thomas. "You hit?" I searched his body but he shook his head.

"I tripped."

Fucking idiot. "Get fucking up before they catch us." I pulled him up and threw him forward, running again.

I glanced over my shoulder and seen there was only a few still on our tail. Fuck it.

I didn't tell Thomas my plan, I pulled back, dropped to the ground and shot each one that came into view, the force of the bullets leaving the chamber nearly dislocating my arm.