✧~ Prove yourself [request 21] ~✧

well, i guess i'm back to updating for a bit.

also, happy VE day if you celebrate it.

this was requested by: ChikgenNooderSsup7. thank you~

summary/note: you and katsuki broke up, but then got back together again since he promised you that he would improve his behaviour for you and prove himself worthy of your love. agreeing, you and him became a couple again. however, as he was trying to prove himself, he embarrassed himself... ⚠️

࿇ ══━━━━✥◈✥━━━━══ ࿇

"Y/n, can I ask you a question?" A familiar voice asked you as you stared off into the distance

Snapping back into reality in an instant, you turned your head to see that your best friend, Shoto Todoroki was sat next to you on the grass. The both of you were on the field where a number of other students were swarmed.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. Of course you can." You replied.

Shoto sighed and mumbled, "Why did you get back together with Bakugou? Didn't the two of you break up for a reason?"

That question caught you off guard slightly, and so, you just sat and stared at the grassy ground, getting lost in your spiral of thoughts.

"Well," You begun after taking a deep breath, "He promised me that he would change his behaviour and attitude towards people. And I trust him."

Shoto scoffed, "And you believe him?"

Frowning, you casted your eyes towards your friend and replied, "Of course I believe him."

Shoto looked at you with an expression he had never showed you before. His eyes showed fury which caused you to grow confused.

"Shoto?" You called out to him.

"He won't change, Y/n," Shoto begun coldly, "He will always be that boy that can't control his temper. He will always be that boy who has nothing better to do than look down on people and hurt them in multiple ways. Why can't you see that? Do you really love him for who he is? A rude, cold-hearted person?"

Hearing this made you beyond shocked. To hear this from your best friend made you furious. Why was he saying this?

Clenching your fists beside you, you gritted your teeth and hissed, "Shoto... Leave..."

Shoto chuckled dryly whilst standing up from the grass and brushing off his uniform. "I was going to..."

As he walked away slowly, you sighed and thought about what the hell had just happened.

Grabbing your hair in your hands, you rested your head on your knees and tried to think about why Shoto was acting in the way he just did. Yes, you were well aware that him and Katsuki never got along, but there was no need to say that about him.