Chapter Two

"This is the west wing" I told Shade whom easily stayed up with my brisk pace. My heart kept beating a million beats per minute and I didn't understand why.

When I finished showing him the upstairs and downstairs of the west wing I told him it was a mirror effect on the east wing except for the hall,cafeteria and staffroom that covered the upper east side.

I headed outside the clear glass back doors and walked across the Green.

"This is the Green where most people eat on good days. Over there" I pointed to benches near the forest that borders the school "is where the pot heads hang around. All the popular people hang around in the forest which is banned but what can I say".

He nodded his head and followed me towards the back building.

"This is the old school also know as the Back Building, where we met" I said.

"Yeah my lockers beside yours" he clarified.

I walked into the old building that consisted of three classrooms, a basement, five lockers and bathrooms. I stopped abruptly in the hall; seeing a dark figure hidden in the shadows.

"Hey" I said into the darkness pretending I knew who they were.

The person flinched at my words almost like they were waking from a daze and headed for me.

Justin.

Shade noticed me tensing up and walked slightly in front of me... Almost like he was protecting me. Weird...

"Justin what are you doing outside of class?"

"I could ask you the same thing especially with a guy" he said looking over Shade"Who is this anyway?" his knuckles cracked looking for a fight. He realised that Shade was going to be a big challenge but his ego got the best of him.

"Already dating again?" he asked me.

"My name's Shade and" he answered for me and glanced at me "we're not going out"

"I hope not because she's mine Shade" he said his name with distaste.

"I'm not yours Justin, I'm not anyones nor will I be" I was sick of this.

He stepped closer and Shades eyes glowed. What the hell.

I looked at Justin to see his reaction but he just looked drunk and pumped for a fight. The smell of alcohol drifted to me and I recoiled.

"Justin go away or I'll tell the teachers the shit you're up to" I threatened

"Why wouldn't you get in trouble sneeking around with the new guy" he threatened back.

"Simple I'm showing him around because Mr. Jones asked me to" I retorted.

He scowled and pushed past Shade who didn't budge and went out the the double doors.

"Who's he?" Shade asked.

"Justin... my ex" I told him"he's um a little unstable now and again"

"I see, and you're not thinking of getting back with him? "

I choked"no way he was a mistake"

He smirked at my answer which pissed me off.

"So" I slid down a wall to sit on the ground "why did you move here" I asked curiously.

"I...um...because my dad got a job here and uh... We all moved here"

"All?"

"Yeah my sister, mum and dad but my dad's working all the time and my mum is always working at home and my sister lives in New York"

"I see"

He looked me over "What's your story?"

My eyes narrowed"I have two older brothers and a dad, I've lived here my whole life" I didn't understand why I cared so much about his little questions I was the one asking him all the original questions.

"Where are you living?"

"Why?"

"Just wondering if we are neighbours or not"

"Oh, I live near the ocean on Marlin Road"

"Same" he told me.

"Really you moved in the old house?"

"Yeah it's not that bad after you've renovated it"

I grinned I saw work going on in the old house during summer, I hated the house and it didn't pass me to think that he was the new neighbour.

"Deadly" I felt more comfortable for some of reason. Usually I could handle my emotions but not today.

The bell rang and I picked myself off the ground ignoring Shades hand in front of me.

"What's your next class?" I asked.

"Um" he squinted at the ceiling probably trying to remember his timetable. He learned it off?

"German"

I walked over to my locker and opened it "mines Spanish" I said and shut it.

"See you at lunch?"

"Uh sure" I agreed, this was going to be a long day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I drove into the drive way of my house. I was grinning mad.

Shade is such a douche but he is growing on me. At lunch we got a bench in the Green and talked about his house mostly, we didn't really get onto the hobbies or anything like that yet. We had five classes together today and we sat beside each other in all.

When I killed the engine I jumped out and saw a black Lamberguini pass by and roll into Shades house. A guy in his mid forties walked out his hair was jet black and his skin stark white. He looked great and I would have said he was thirty but I recalled Shade saying his dad had to work extra time before he turned forty five to get enough money for the houses renovation.

He walked up the porch and his head twisted around in my direction and smiled. I looked away and opened my door. How did he know I was looking at him from here?

The smell of curry drifted to me and I planted my bag in the back kitchen. No homework today.

My brother Joey was cooking the curry and I sat in front if the TV that was playing some football from last years finals.

"When's dinner ready" I asked.

"Soon"

That wasn't an answer.

"When?" I asked again.

"Ten minutes"

That was better. I could last ten minutes. My dad would be back at eight which was around three hours away.

"Where were you" he asked and my eyebrows fussed "you came back at five; your usually back around four"

"Oh study" I answered understanding.

That's when the door bell rang.

*************
Please comment and star this chapter, you're the best
Luv ya -C