It has been seven months since Jana was born, and both Viktor and Nora have slowly adapted to the schedule set by Jana. It was tiring to follow her rhythm and lead an "adult" life, but they did not complain.

- Hi, girls.

Viktor returned early from work, with flowers and a lunch he picked up on the way. He still did those little things, which would make Nora feel amazing. He had an incredible ability to make her feel special.

- Hi, lunch boy. We are happy to see you – she laughed and kissed him. She was amazed by how sometimes she would still feel that tingling sensation from head to toe when he kissed her. Isn't it a privilege to find something like that?

- Thank you for the flowers.

- Always. What's up? How is my love? – he picked up Jana from her crib and kissed her gently on the forehead.

- Well, you know, dad, today was a blast. I woke up, ate, then filled up my diaper. And then, a grand finale. I dined again, went to sleep, and made sure my mom got another small gift – Nora was saying in what was supposed to resemble a baby-voice.

- It seems like your mom went absolutely bonkers, don't you think? I'm so sorry you have to deal with her all day long – he turned to Nora, who was sitting at the table and eating lasagna that he had brought straight from the container.

- How was work? Meeting went well?

- Yes, more than well. I got a job offer.

- Really? What?

- Our Dutch partners, who were at the meeting, offered me to come and lead a quality assurance team.

- And what do you think about that? Wait, they offered you this in front of your dad?

- Yeah, he was also taken by surprise a bit. What do we think about it, you ask? Well, Jana just spat on my shoulder, so I think it's pretty clear what she thinks about it.

- What did they offer you? What did you tell them?

- I told them I have to talk to you first. It's an excellent position, and it's well-paid too, but it's a four-year contract. I would come home every six months for a month. I mean, it would be great for my career, but...

- But?

- But I'm not sure if I'm ready to miss four years – he looked at her with Jana in his arms. She knew that look. She knew that his career was important to him and that he loved his work, but she also knew that the two of them were more important to him. Viktor was the type of person who, when he loved something or someone, he loved to the fullest. Likewise, that extreme would also occur if someone was to betray or hurt him. He would not get over those things quickly, and he was ready to give up a lot if he felt hurt or attacked. That trait of his was the biggest mystery to Nora because he was not the person who always had to be right. He was the first to admit he was wrong if that was the case, but he did not forgive easily.

- I am sure.

- Of what?

- That you absolutely don't want to miss four years. The decision will ultimately be yours to make, and whatever you decide, you know everything will be fine.

- I know, yes, thank you. I think I am already a lot more inclined not to go, but I will think about it some more just to make sure I don't regret anything later.

- There, agreed. Anyway, my mom and dad called, they wish to come over for the weekend. You're available?

- I am, yeah, that would be great. Even the weather should be nice, so we can go for a walk somewhere.